Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

13 Year Old Receives Football Scholarship From USC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
At first it's a little shocking, but it happens in other sports too. Hell, some hockey players leave their family and attend boarding schools just to play hockey at the age of 14-15. Sidney Crosby did it and so did many others.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Card Magnet said:
The kid can barely get into a PG-13 movie, but he can commit to college...

Kids fight for our country in foreign countries and then come home and they can't even have a beer. Our country is weird.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
He's not really committed to anything, it's just a vebal. USC isn't even committed to him, they could always withdraw the offer. Of course, this is assuming that the reports are actually true, since coaches can't comment on recruits. Either way, it's just hype for pure publicity.

It's pretty silly that people are making a big deal about this. Kids go to tennis academys when they're much younger than this and start training as close to a pro level as physically possible (much more so than this kid ever will until he's in college). There are numerous other examples. I don't hear anyone complaining about child actors.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
looks decent but you just never know. I went to high school with a guy that could throw perfectly left and right handed haven't heard of him since

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Anthony Morelli was one of the top rated QB's in the country his junior and senior years in high school....too bad he's dumb as a box of doorknobs and sucked at PSU because of it.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Its rather irrelevant. The school can take the offer away whenever they want, and he can pull out of the offer whenever he wants. Its a publicity move.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
I don't get what the big deal about this is. Sports annalist are making huge commotion about it. Hell i verbally committed to Iowa when i was 9 it just didn't go mainstream like this kid. He looks alright. Doesn't look much better then i did when i was in 7th grade but i don't know i just think its because mommy and daddy have quite a bit of money and they can offered the training of the dude who trained Linart and Barkley.

TiajuanaDonkey

Jan 19, 2010
a whole lot could happen in 5 years....I was 6' 1" when I was 13....doesn't really mean much....he's just got rich parents who can afford personal coaches....there will be 5 QB's in the class of 2015 that are better then this kid.

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009
KingTrojan43 said:
a whole lot could happen in 5 years....I was 6' 1" when I was 13....doesn't really mean much....he's just got rich parents who can afford personal coaches....there will be 5 QB's in the class of 2015 that are better then this kid.
exactly