Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PSA or BGS for Montana rookie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmychanga18

Feb 3, 2010
I've had a Montana rookie for many years, and have thought about getting it graded. I've heard most people say PSA is the way to go for older cards. Is that the consensus? If so, why is that? I'm just curious, thanks.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
jimmychanga18 said:
I've had a Montana rookie for many years, and have thought about getting it graded. I've heard most people say PSA is the way to go for older cards. Is that the consensus? If so, why is that? I'm just curious, thanks.
oh thats tough. I think this depends on the condition, lets see a scan

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Typically depends on the card and sales based on the holder. My typical rule of thumb is BGS for "modern", PSA for "before modern" and SGC for "vintage"

jimmychanga18

Feb 3, 2010
It's been in storage for so long, I never really realized the back was that off center. Will that really mess up hopes for a good grade? Is it even worth it? Also, I'm new to the whole forum thing, I think I messed up when I uploaded the scans to here from flickr (which i neve used before either). Thanks!

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Do you have a PSA membership? You have to be a Collectors Club member to be able to submit to PSA. Anyone can submit to BGS without a membership.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
i would go with psa for that. because its not really modewr, but its not really vintage. the general rule is

BGS=Modern, PSA=Post War Vintage SGC=Pre War VIntage

jimmychanga18

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I don't have a PSA membership. What's the best site to use for uploading your scans? Flickr seems kinda crappy, is photobucket better?

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
jimmychanga18 said:
Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I don't have a PSA membership. What's the best site to use for uploading your scans? Flickr seems kinda crappy, is photobucket better?
flickr is the best. to get your pictures here you click on them go to properties. hit the img button and paste the url. photobucket gets viruus alot and has a ton of pop up adds

jimmychanga18

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks for all the suggestions. Here's the back, it's pretty off center. Do they consider that, or mainly just the front?
4334854999_490ebd83d4.jpg

THECARDFATHER

Dec 27, 2009
jimmychanga18 said:
Thanks for all the suggestions. Here's the back, it's pretty off center. Do they consider that, or mainly just the front?
4334854999_490ebd83d4.jpg

If corners are razor sharp, I think the card is a psa 9 (o/c) or psa 7. I think BGS 6.5 or 7 (they will slaughter the centering).
Thoughts?