Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow The Hall of Fame voters suck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverandBlack

Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
How in the name of god does Tim Brown not go in. Anyone that watched him play knows hes a first ballot. He's top 3 in all major categoires and arguably top 3 all time best recievers. This is as bad a ray guy not being in oh and in case it comes up i am a raiders fan but there really is no arguing that Brown and guy both should be in.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I'd put Chris Carter in before Brown.
That may just be a personal thing, because I think Brown should be in at some point also.

I have to admit I was kind of shocked at the selections. Probably most with Jackson and Randel, as to me they were iffy guys (maybe to get in at some point) and they both were voted in right away. Really surprised that they didn't take Brown, Carter or Sharpe - figured at least one from that group would go in.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Loved Randle and LeBeau getting in, but Shannon Sharpe being left out is the biggest letdown

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
In my opinion Carter is the 2nd best reciever behind Rice.NOBODY had better hands then Carter,except for Rice. :shock:

His ability to make GREAT catches and mostly 1 handed is still fresh in my mind.He should have been in already. :x

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Tim Brown was a kick returner as well. He put up great numbers even with a new qb every year.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
THE DOME PATROL!

With that said, I'm really happy that Guards, Tackles, Linebackers and DBs are getting in but.. guh.

Here's the problem for me at least -- All this BS is fine, until a player like Sharpe, Brown, Carter, or Dent dies early. I think they're all more deserving than Dick LeBeau as *players*.

The Hall of Fame committee just constantly befuddle me, though. As long as Cris Carter gets in and he's still young enough to enjoy it, I'm okay with that. I think that at least half the guys that got in this year aren't any better than the guys that left off.

Sooo many guys that should be in the hall that aren't.. bleh.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
cartersprings said:
Carter not making it for the 3rd time is a crime.

QFT Carter is most likely the second best WR of all time when looking at body of work. Over 10,000 catches, over 100 TDs, all that jazz.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
::facepalm:: Carter has better hands than Rice but Rice is better by a mile this is getting sickening. I really wanted a topps HOF auto but now topps is done and carter keeps getting screwed

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Gellman said:
cartersprings said:

QFT Carter is most likely the second best WR of all time when looking at body of work. Over 10,000 catches, over 100 TDs, all that jazz.

LOLZ

1102 > 1101 rec
14580 > 13899 yards
128 < 130 touchdowns
76.7 > 59.4 y/g
190G < 234G games

Carter wasted his *first career* which probably pisses some of the fatties that vote off. People seem to get pissed off when supremely athletic guys waste their talent, but I give Carter props for turning that crap around.

Carter's a no doubt HOF, but to put him ahead of someone like Marvin Harrison is pretty ridiculous.

These are the men that voted in Art Monk....sigh.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
pigskincardboard said:
Gellman said:
cartersprings said:

LOLZ

1102 > 1101 rec
14580 > 13899 yards
128 < 130 touchdowns
76.7 > 59.4 y/g
190G < 234G games

And Marvin Harrison also had none other than Peyton Manning throwing to him for 11 seasons.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Don't forget Marvin did it in 21 fewer starts than Carter. I loved Cris Carter but Marvin > Carter.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
As far as the comment about getting passes from Peyton Manning would it be fair to say that Carter received some benefit from being in a WR core that included Randy Moss?

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Art Monk's Numbers would have been a lot higher these days in a pass happy offense

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
cartersprings said:
pigskincardboard said:
Gellman said:
cartersprings said:

LOLZ

1102 > 1101 rec
14580 > 13899 yards
128 < 130 touchdowns
76.7 > 59.4 y/g
190G < 234G games

And Marvin Harrison also had none other than Peyton Manning throwing to him for 11 seasons.

I think Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon and Dante Culpepper did a dandy job. Most of the time they were tossing for around 4000 yards or more.

Obviously, no one is Peyton Manning, but the Vikings offense was incredibly potent.

To say that Carter should be given 2.5 Full Seasons' grace is a bit much, at least for me.

Members online