Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Justin Upton red refractor auto listed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
That seller has pretty much cornered the market on J-Up. He claims to have 4 of the 5 Reds, and I believe he owns the Super (BGS 8.5) as well. I've also seen him sell other parallels of him.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Quick question, why the hell would you grade a Super? It is the only one, thus who cares what condition it is in?! Not like you can upgrade later? Grading a super is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen! Especially when it comes back an 8.5!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
bodiaz said:
Quick question, why the hell would you grade a Super? It is the only one, thus who cares what condition it is in?! Not like you can upgrade later? Grading a super is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen! Especially when it comes back an 8.5!

If you never plan on moving it, it provides superior protection to a toploader or any other sort of single card holder. It was probably graded before BGS offered the Authentic holder.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
mredsox89 said:
bodiaz said:

If you never plan on moving it, it provides superior protection to a toploader or any other sort of single card holder. It was probably graded before BGS offered the Authentic holder.

Plus, you aren't cool unless you grade your chromes, especially the reflector parallels.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
The big question is, why would you sell a copy of a card that you already have 4 of the 5 - why not hold out for the fifth one? Unless, this copy is so repulsive for whatever reason, or unless you are going to get an insane amount of money for it.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
brouthercard said:
The big question is, why would you sell a copy of a card that you already have 4 of the 5 - why not hold out for the fifth one? Unless, this copy is so repulsive for whatever reason, or unless you are going to get an insane amount of money for it.

If he truly wanted/needed to move it, it would be up at auction. Having an insanely high BIN gets exposure, and the chance to find a crazy buyer who offers an absurd amount

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
Looks like an auto-decline?

Well, even if the card is damaged or there is something wrong with it, there's no reason to believe that is the scan of the 2/5. Even so, I'm sure there's a better reason as to why it's on the market: Exposure.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
mredsox89 said:
brouthercard said:

If he truly wanted/needed to move it, it would be up at auction. Having an insanely high BIN gets exposure, and the chance to find a crazy buyer who offers an absurd amount

If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember reading in Beckett (in 2006) that one of these brought in the $4-$5K range at auction, so the BIN isn't too unreasonable.

Members online