Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great article on Beckett box breaks...good points made

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
http://completist.wordpress.com/2008/12 ... ded-boxes/

Now, I am not posting this as an anti-Razor thread. Instead, I think he brings up a great point about how Beckett should do box breaks. There have been too many rumors about box breaks like this and even certain customers getting better boxes than other sellers. Didn't Beckett pull a crazy football card in the last year or so too that led to drama? I'd love to have Beckett's luck...lol.

I know Mario posts here every now and then and I want to say thanks for a thought-provoking article!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I think just about everybody is on to this charade by now.Basically...you can get a good pull from busting wax...but it seems a lot of companies are dumb enough to throw super loaded boxes beckett's way as a way of saying "Hey...look our product rocks!".Sadly...its nothing more than shooting themselves in the foot.

Of course...then you have to wonder what people would do if beckett received a normal box of whatever.Would more people buy it or less or would it affect anything.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
There was maybe one or two good points made throughout that article,including the comments.

Well I did say plural "comments", not just one. :D

Some of you might remember by box breaks from the old Beckett Boards. I would post a box break (not a case(s)) for the working man. I would tell what I paid for the box. Every insert, gameused, and auto pulled. I would scan all the hits. I got alot of feedback thanking me for a "normal" box break so real collectors can make an informed choice of what box to break.

Sending a loaded box to Beckett, or FCB for that matter is great advertising for the card company. They break it, show the huge gits, and collectors run out and buy it...
Only to pull a plain jersey of a bench warmer. They sell out their product and you. That's why I liked my working man's card breaks.....

:)

Members online