Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Degrees of DSR?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I was reviewing my DSR ratings, and over the last three months it says I have had 1 "Low" rating (a 1 or 2). Considering I haven't sent an item later than 3 days after purchase (I had one where I shipped 3 days after they paid due to "life"). I am assuming that my one "Low" rating came from that transaction, so that got me thinking - what are the diffrent degrees of 1-5 star ratings on eBay?

ex: Shipping Cost: $0-2=5 star, $2.01-$3=4 star, etc.
Shipping Time: 3-5 days total after paid=5 stars, etc.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
There was a thread about this the other day in regards to just shipping costs...can't remember the title though.

Regardless...for me just about everything gets 5* as long as I get the card and my experience is fine. Now granted, if I'm paying more than $4 for shipping, I may knock it down to a 4*, but generally, I figure the cost of shipping into my bidding so it really doesn't matter.

The shipping time is a tricky one, especially when you're going US to Canada (or vice versa), it could take 3+ weeks and it's not the sellers fault, and that needs to be taken into account, which unfortunately I don't think people do.

At the end of the day, DSR's are BS and I'd just rather see ebay go back to allowing everyone to leave negative feedback and get rid of DSR's. I mean hell, my shipping cost DSR's have recieved 6 low ratings over the last 6 months or so...yet my shipping costs are $2.50, which frankly in NO WAY deserves a 1 or 2 rating. You want to give me a 4, fine...but a 1 or 2?? Some buyers feel that they should get their shipping at actual cost, which is crap. But of course, until ebay sets a standard for this (which they won't), it'll continue to happen, and I'll continue to consider them all BS.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Sly said:
There was a thread about this the other day in regards to just shipping costs...can't remember the title though.

Regardless...for me just about everything gets 5* as long as I get the card and my experience is fine. Now granted, if I'm paying more than $4 for shipping, I may knock it down to a 4*, but generally, I figure the cost of shipping into my bidding so it really doesn't matter.

The shipping time is a tricky one, especially when you're going US to Canada (or vice versa), it could take 3+ weeks and it's not the sellers fault, and that needs to be taken into account, which unfortunately I don't think people do.

At the end of the day, DSR's are BS and I'd just rather see ebay go back to allowing everyone to leave negative feedback and get rid of DSR's. I mean hell, my shipping cost DSR's have recieved 6 low ratings over the last 6 months or so...yet my shipping costs are $2.50, which frankly in NO WAY deserves a 1 or 2 rating. You want to give me a 4, fine...but a 1 or 2?? Some buyers feel that they should get their shipping at actual cost, which is crap. But of course, until ebay sets a standard for this (which they won't), it'll continue to happen, and I'll continue to consider them all BS.
I base the shipping time on when the card is postmarked. If the seller has it postmarked within 1-2 days of receiving payment 5 stars, 3-4 gets 4 stars, 5-6 gets 2 stars, and anything 7+ days gets one. I know that sometimes the postal service is slow but it doesn't help when the seller is too lazy to send out in a timely manner. As for the shipping costs I usually will give a 5 for anything $3.50 or less, and anything over that goes hand in hand with the whole postmark thing. If you're going to charge $4 for S&H and take more than 1-2 days to send out then I start giving lower DSR ratings, and I do take into account weekends and holidays and don't hold that against sellers. If I do receive something very fast and well packaged I will give 5 stars regardless of the S&H but that doesn't happen too often as a lot of sellers are charging high S&H to pad their profits.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Rickzcards said:
Sly said:

I base the shipping time on when the card is postmarked. If the seller has it postmarked within 1-2 days of receiving payment 5 stars, 3-4 gets 4 stars, 5-6 gets 2 stars, and anything 7+ days gets one. I know that sometimes the postal service is slow but it doesn't help when the seller is too lazy to send out in a timely manner. As for the shipping costs I usually will give a 5 for anything $3.50 or less, and anything over that goes hand in hand with the whole postmark thing. If you're going to charge $4 for S&H and take more than 1-2 days to send out then I start giving lower DSR ratings, and I do take into account weekends and holidays and don't hold that against sellers. If I do receive something very fast and well packaged I will give 5 stars regardless of the S&H but that doesn't happen too often as a lot of sellers are charging high S&H to pad their profits.

The problem is that not enough people do that with shipping time. Hell, I had one guy file a claim after two weeks for a card that wasn't received. It was coming from Washington State to Prince Edward Island (Canada). Basically about as far West in the US to as far East in Canada as possible...it generally takes three weeks for me to receive something from Quebec.

Too many people just do a blanket: "It costs $1.39 to ship, yet you charged $2.50...so a 1 for you". Or "It took three weeks to get here, here's a 1" (nevermind it went US to Canada and was shipped the next day.)

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
Shipping stars I base off of what I paid compared to what I receive.

As for shipping time, I base it off of postmark and how long the seller states it will take to ship item. I give 5 stars if they ship in that amount of time, then I knock it down 1 star for each day after that.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
If I receive it within a month I leave 20 stars. I don't even know when it was bought or received half the time.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I knew the system was a joke when I got knocked for my shipping costs when I had free shipping!!

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Topnotchsy said:
I knew the system was a joke when I got knocked for my shipping costs when I had free shipping!!
I think that anyone that offers free shipping ebay should set up the system so that this is not a choice to leave any rating on. I know it would make too much sense ::facepalm::

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Rickzcards said:
Topnotchsy said:
I think that anyone that offers free shipping ebay should set up the system so that this is not a choice to leave any rating on. I know it would make too much sense ::facepalm::
Nowadays I slip a $10 into each package with a note that says "shipping bailout money" and my DSR's have gone up.

Members online

Latest posts