Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Affecting a Prospect's Price: The Hype Effect.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I asked a while ago for the instrumental factors that affect a prospect's price. I got all sorts of random things, but "FreedomCardboard.com" kept popping up.

First off:

Sportscardforum.com and Freedomcardboard.com are 69 cataloged URLs away from each other with 3571 and 3502 respectively. Blowoutcards.com has 3453 and baseball-fever has 3036 URLs.

You guys need to pick it up.

Secondly:

The correlation between eBay price and FreedomCardboard Instances appears to be quite high. I'll throw together a scatter plot at some point -- It looks to be pretty linear, so we'll get a pretty graph.

I was unfortunately unable to isolate "Jaypers" so I can't say that his mentions correlate at all to prices.

By the by, correlation doesn't equal causation.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Effecting a Prospect's Price: Pick It Up, Please.

pigskincardboard said:
I was unfortunately unable to isolate "Jaypers" so I can't say that his mentions correlate at all to prices.

Best news I've gotten all day. :)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

hofmichael said:
Where the frack is he going with this?

Oh, I was just congratulating Gilmore and the community, I guess.

Everything about the discussion's on point... Great Titles and the Prospects being bought and sold are the good ones.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto

Jaypers said:
pigskincardboard said:

How much did you pay for that Glaesmann? I just did a little write-up on him and he screams "BUY ME PLEASE!"

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

pigskincardboard said:
Jaypers said:
pigskincardboard said:

How much did you pay for that Glaesmann? I just did a little write-up on him and he screams "BUY ME PLEASE!"

"Scream" times 10, in my case.

I'm too embarassed to repeat the price publicly, but if you do a completed item search you'll find it.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010

Jaypers said:
pigskincardboard said:
Jaypers said:
pigskincardboard said:

"Scream" times 10, in my case.

I'm too embarassed to repeat the price publicly, but if you do a completed item search you'll find it.

And he was not the only one who thought it was worth that price :)

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009

pujolsjunkie said:
The word you are looking for is "affect."

LOL, I wrote that then canceled the post.....thinking no one would notice or care.

I am glad I am not the only stickler.

:cool:

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

pigskincardboard said:
I asked a while ago for the instrumental factors that effect a prospects price. I got all sorts of random things, but "FreedomCardboard.com" kept popping up.

First off:

Sportscardforum.com and Freedomcardboard.com are 69 cataloged URLs away from each other with 3571 and 3502 respectively. Blowoutcards.com has 3453 and baseball-fever has 3036 URLs.

You guys need to pick it up.

You realize that you are talking about a site that has been around for a much, much shorter time period

Google links
Results 1 - 10 of about 7,290 from http://www.freedomcardboard.com. (0.15 seconds)
Results 1 - 10 of about 51,000 from http://www.sportscardforum.com. (0.07 seconds)

Even with this difference we have a much larger peak traffic rating (meaning more people on at any given time) and a 40,000 better alexa rating than the others.

Its the community here that brings people in and keeps them to stay. Our only downfall (if you can call it that) is the fact that we do not have 5+ years of bump posts in the trade section. We also highly prune this section, since no one cares about what someone had to trade 8 months ago.

What gives FCB the advantage is the fact that every one uses the chat sections, which are much more important for driving prices than the trade sections. Other sites may have a chat section, but none of them garnish the use that this site does.

Now that said, its all of you that make this happen, the site would be nothing, the constant give-aways, the deep knowledge base would all be non existant if the great members on this site decided not to use it.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Code:
SELECT TLD, COUNT(G.TLD) as TLDS FROM Ding_Ding_Ding AS G WHERE G.DATE > DATE("2010-01-01") GROUP BY G.TLD ORDER BY TLDS DESC

I was only counting from the start of the year, I'd have no clue what'd look like if i went back to any given date.

If I start from the 15th of January, rather than the 1st, FCB has 600 more instances.

Latest posts