Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Custom cut card design...constructive criticism needed! New

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
I just threw this together real quick using Paint.net.

This is a quick first draft, I'm truly looking for good pointers to add to this design as I plan on making several of these from different HOF autos I have.

For the record, I don't know what Doerr's HOF year was, I just took a quick guess. I also know that the pic is Ted Williams. Again, just threw it together quickly.

Any input/help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!

hofcuts2tester.jpg

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Re: Custom cut card design...constructive criticism needed!

I dont like the red/blue stripe background. The layout is nice though.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009

Not a big fan of the background.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny

I dont like the background,the 1 of 1,the black&white logos and the 3 different fonts.But I do like how the design is focused around the signature.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey

Did you try leaving the red white & blue & making the red & blue area just blue? That might look a little less stressful on the eyes. Too many lines.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

I'd take the lines off on the top part, just have a solid color.

And I'd remove 1 of 1 at the bottom personally

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
The white lines are rough on the eyes. Maybe you could cut them in half. Three different fonts don't look good together. The Red Sox logos should be legit looking.

Mizzourah

Aug 7, 2008
Missouri
My problem with removing the white lines is that I think it would make the card look very bland and boring. The lines are shaped to highlight the signature, as they are designed around it.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
The blue looks A LOT better than the original, but still not sure I'm a fan of the vertical stripes...some reason, it hurts my eyes.

Players name should be bigger. Maybe make it bigger and put the "Class of..." under the player name in a font smaller than the player name.

Otherwise, looks good.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
kbob119 said:
My problem with removing the white lines is that I think it would make the card look very bland and boring. The lines are shaped to highlight the signature, as they are designed around it.
I understand what you're doing, but take every other one out and then see what it would look like.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
kbob119 said:
I understand what you're doing, but take every other one out and then see what it would look like. And I agree with rounding the lines to the logo.

Members online

Latest posts