Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Today's mail...and a question.

Would you:

• Spend the $$ to complete the set

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
After many tries, I finally landed one of these:
CZambrano.jpg

It has a soft corner (on the back), but it's still nice.

It goes well with these: :)
00TTA1.jpg

00TTA2.jpg

00TTA3.jpg

00TTA4.jpg

00TTA5.jpg

00TTA6.jpg

00TTA7.jpg

The question: Would you spend the money to complete the set? Keep in mind that I try to stick to a card budget. I have 42 of the 80 cards. I still need 38 autographs, but they're all "scrubs" or 2nd-year cards (which I don't collect). I have all of the "good" cards now (as well as some scrubs). I enjoy completing sets such as this, but with 38 to go we're probably talking about $100-$200 that could be spent on other PC cards rather than "set filler" stuff. Not to mention the time it takes to track all of them down. I'm leaning one way, but would like to see what others think. What would you do? Thanks!

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I guess ultimately, it comes down to this:

Is the set for the PC? If not, don't bother. Hell, sell them off and use THAT money on a PC.

But, if the intention is that the set is for a PC, why not complete it, especially if you've got most of the big names already. Sets like that are very cool to complete.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Sly said:
...Is the set for the PC?...
Yes, it's for the ole' personal collection. I already have the '99 set done, but for that set I was chasing some of the bigger cards at the end; not the "worthless" ones.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
I'd pick them up slowly, i.e. when you can find them for a dollar or two with cheap (or combined) shipping. As there's no need to pick them all up right now, you could just gradually fill them in when the price is right.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Since you said the set was PC, I would suggest finishing it up, but possibly only picking up cards if you have money left over from your budget.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I see the voting is going just as I suspected. I was leaning toward completing it anyway...thanks for the votes to convince me! :)

ajw

Jan 27, 2009
New York, NY
I'd finish the set. I think it's great looking at those guys and remembering who was once a hot prospect...

Members online

Latest posts