Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is photobucket messed up for anyone else??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
When I go to photobucket, the various link options under the pics are no longer there... Is this some type of bug, or did they make changes to the site?

Thanks!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Any computer pros know what might me wrong? In all my years of using photobucket, this has never happened. Under the pics there are no links or anything! Basically I have no way of copy and pasting image codes.

this really sucks... and has me worried...

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Really? You mean on there site in general like someone hacked into them?

My antivirus hasn't picked up anything.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Ty Hope said:
Really? You mean on there site in general like someone hacked into them?

My antivirus hasn't picked up anything.

I haven't had a problem myself but a few people have mentioned it on multiple sites wheeler had his computer taken over completely

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
this is really weird... Just did a full computer scan and nothing suspicious popped up. Photobucket opens fine, but I can't get links or codes for any pics on my site or anyone elses. The box just doesn't appear...

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
You're probably in the "Recently Uploaded" section. Go to the folder in which the picture is located and your links should be there.

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Had this happen to me last night also.

I had to use the Share option from the top of the scan, then get link code and copy the IMG code.

Also it wont let me save the option of mouse rollover, not sure whats going on either, but you can still get scans.

Shep

*EDIT*
I just used the option of having the links there all the time and that worked, weird!

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
J-Rod said:
a lot of viruses have been going on in photobucket

I had to go and buy a new computer due to my last encounter with photobucket. I got 5 virus' at once. It killed my computer.

As for the links, you can click share and choose the get link code. That will work everytime

~AJ

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
shepsspot said:

I had to use the Share option from the top of the scan, then get link code and copy the IMG code.

Also it wont let me save the option of mouse rollover, not sure whats going on either, but you can still get scans.

Shep

*EDIT*
I just used the option of having the links there all the time and that worked, weird!

How do you select that option? I cant find an options button

~AJ

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Ty, here is an image from your bucket that I copied the code from:

andrettiauto.jpg

Are you using Firefox or IE? You might want to check for updates for both. Also, update Java in your Control Panel.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ajbraves25 said:
shepsspot said:

Shep

*EDIT*

How do you select that option? I cant find an options button

~AJ

Click "My Home" at the top left.
Go to Account Settings.
Scroll down to Album Settings.
Click "Link Options".
Click "Always", then Save.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Cool, link always seems to work. I wonder why the mouse over options stopped working... Its worked for the last 5 years!

Thanks!

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
J-Rod said:
a lot of viruses have been going on in photobucket

Yep. Almost got one on my work computer while on PB, but it was stopped.

Last Sat while at home on PB I picked up Antivirus Soft. Fake Anti Virus site that wanted my $. Blocked me from using IE and gave fake reports of all my files being infected. Everytime I tried to get into something it stopped me and displayed that message. Disabled my McAfee. Had a "adult" pop up as well. Glad the kids were in the other room. About an hour or so later I had it removed.

Members online

Latest posts