Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reggie Bush to be cut by Saints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I know there's not a lot of love for Reggie on these boards, so this will probably get a big :lol:

It was just a topic on PTI......and if everything they just said is true, then it makes sense.
Apparently he's due 8 million next year and 20 million the next 2 (making him one of if not the top payed back in the league).....so unless there's a lot of restructuring going on it would make sense for them to let him go, especially with all the FA's they have.

Something I had not heard before, so figured I'd post if that was the case for others. Also wanted to give a heads up to fans of the teams that may be interested in him (again I think all 3 make sense for various reasons).

They said teams have already expressed interest - Detroit, San Fransisco and Seattle.

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
Looking at his potential suitors listed, I certainly can see why the two NFC West teams are in the market for him:

1) Seattle: Has obvious ties to new coach Pete Carroll, and they would probably like to add another backfield weapon. They could release Julius Jones' contract as well. However, he has many similarities to Justin Forsett in terms of his style of play (speed first kind of RB), leaving them two of the same style of player.

2) San Francisco: Former teammate of Alex Smith in high school in San Diego (Helix High), and would help ease the burden of Frank Gore needing to be both the running and receiving back on offense. And his special teams play would be a major boost compared to the mess that cost the 49ers touchdowns in the Houston and Seattle games this past season.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
I'd rather not have reggie bush fumble our kickoffs, we can pay brandon jones/arnaz battle/whoever else to do our kickoffs and drop the ball much cheaper.

sffanmike25

Aug 21, 2008
Dallas, TX
thenumberonemetfan said:
The guy is the heart and soul of the saints.He brings fans,media and his name sells merchandise...and this is coming from someone who dislikes him.

I thought that was Drew Brees. And I think they sold all the Reggie Bush jerseys they could in 2006 and 2007.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I was looking for a link or something (as I said I saw this on PTI) so sorry if it all turns out to be hear-say.
Guess we'll probably have a lot of that though with the season over. :cry: Man can't wait for the draft lol.

But anyways.....I was thinking if a move can help his "value", but I can't help but think NO with Payton and the offense they use is actually probably the best place for him.
I guess of those I listed Seattle seems the most intriguing....though if he's brought in with a sizeable contract I think fans are going to expect more production than he's given to NO.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
In SD's offense he would be nasty. It is no doubt a cost cutting measure. Now the Saints are stuck with 2 scrubs

lumm0x

May 23, 2009
He was the heart of the hype during the post Katrina year. He had immeasurable value in 2006/2007. Since then he has been a highly talented situational player. I would like to see him return simply because you can never have enough athletic weapons. His ball security and immaturity on the field has always bothered me, but I hope he realizes one of the best situations he could be in is in New Orleans. He's pretty much proven he cannot be a top every down back in this league, but I don't know if his ego realizes it or if his agent will understand past the dollars he could get elsewhere.

If he can't be kept then thank you for everything Reggie and good luck elsewhere.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
wheeler281 said:
In SD's offense he would be nasty. It is no doubt a cost cutting measure. Now the Saints are stuck with 2 scrubs

Pierre Thomas is a stud. Give him more reps and he would be like Ronnie Brown minus the wild cat. He can pound it in, catch passes, and has speed. You have no idea what you are talking about.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
JEBJJA said:
wheeler281 said:

Pierre Thomas is a stud. Give him more reps and he would be like Ronnie Brown minus the wild cat. He can pound it in, catch passes, and has speed. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I have no idea lol. You are the one that said Pierre Thomas is a stud chief

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
wheeler281 said:
JEBJJA said:
wheeler281 said:

I have no idea lol. You are the one that said Pierre Thomas is a stud chief

Pierre Thomas will receive the extra 100 touches that Reggie would have received and will do more with the carries and catches. He missed 1/4 of the season and still finished with 8 TDs and 1100 yards offense. If he has another 100 touches he will be closer to 1500+ all purpose yards and another 3-4 TDs. His focus this off-season is gaining another 15-20 lbs and to be faster than this year. very impressive future for this young kid. Not bad for 2 million a year on the books!

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I doubt those stats will be reached. Only time will tell. I just do not see it. Hope I am proved wrong. Like when a relative nobody over achieves.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
wheeler281 said:
I doubt those stats will be reached. Only time will tell. I just do not see it. Hope I am proved wrong. Like when a relative nobody over achieves.

What is so hard to realize?

He had the same average per carry as Chris Johnson, rushed for 800 missed 1/4 of the season and had 300 yards receiving.

I can understand if he had 500 yards rushing and 100 receiving and I am telling you about his potential......he already had 1100+ yards this year and was the only RB in history to have a TD in the NFC championship game and super bowl.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
EricInCT said:
wheeler281 said:

What is so hard to realize?

He had the same average per carry as Chris Johnson, rushed for 800 missed 1/4 of the season and had 300 yards receiving.

I can understand if he had 500 yards rushing and 100 receiving and I am telling you about his potential......he already had 1100+ yards this year and was the only RB in history to have a TD in the NFC championship game and super bowl.

man now you are struggling. A cheese stat and a comparison to Chris Johnson. Please make it stop. Is he your brother or something. What am i missing. Who defends this bum. Talk to me when he rushes for 1100 yrds more then once. Not total yrds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts