Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Weeks FCB Hotlist is Live!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Surprised to see Josh Bell there...sigh...I guess I can stop buying now and sell instead! lol

Borchering is hot, but no SCORCHING hot like last week! Mitchell's high end parallels are still smoking hot ($207 for a gold ref anyone?!)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I just did a quick scroll and saw a chunk of the same pictures. I don't pay attention to basketball and hockey so I didn't notice the difference.

I can't believe some of those prices.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
I just did a quick scroll and saw a chunk of the same pictures. I don't pay attention to basketball and hockey so I didn't notice the difference.

I can't believe some of those prices.

Heyward continues to rocket up there and Ultimate continues to be on fire...thus the same.

Messier2 said:
Surprised to see Josh Bell there...sigh...I guess I can stop buying now and sell instead! lol

Borchering is hot, but no SCORCHING hot like last week! Mitchell's high end parallels are still smoking hot ($207 for a gold ref anyone?!)

Gold Refs are hard, because there are so few. Interesting when you compare those sales to Refractors /500 which have dropped.

Josh Bell was a suggestion from the suggestion thread yesterday....a good one I might add.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
Messier2 said:

and 05 draft continues as the best prospect set ever

blazers091

Dec 7, 2008
do you think Durant's Topps Chrome rc's can make it pricewise to similar levels to Lebron's someday?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
jbhofmann said:
blazers091 said:
do you think Durant's Topps Chrome rc's can make it pricewise to similar levels to Lebron's someday?

Uh no.

definately not

But second fiddle isn't bad in the NBA. The top 5 always sell well, but then you see a drop.

And he didn't provide reason because it's not a reasonable or possible question. Lebron is one of the most hyped athletes on the planet, and Durant will never have Lebrons current star status.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
blazers091 said:
jbhofmann said:
blazers091 said:

Uh no.
good reasoning
Durant is a GREAT player, but LeBron is just in another universe.

LeBron is worth about half of his franchise. The Cav's value has doubled since he joined them.
Durant plays for a team located in OKC. That city makes Cleveland look sexy. Durant is never on the primetime games, Sunday afternoon games, etc. Can't get elected to be a starter in the All Star game. More people voted for Pau Gasol at the same position. He just has so many things working against him.

I could probably go on but....

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jbhofmann said:
blazers091 said:
jbhofmann said:
blazers091 said:

Uh no.
good reasoning
Durant is a GREAT player, but LeBron is just in another universe.

LeBron is worth about half of his franchise. The Cav's value has doubled since he joined them.
Durant plays for a team located in OKC. That city makes Cleveland look sexy. Durant is never on the primetime games, Sunday afternoon games, etc. Can't get elected to be a starter in the All Star game. More people voted for Pau Gasol at the same position. He just has so many things working against him.

I could probably go on but....

All of the above is true but the thing about Lebron compared to anyone else is...

Lebron is so unique, we have not seen anyone like him before, ever.

Kobe, Durant, absolutely fantastic players in their own right. However, even Kobe, as good as he is, a lot like Jordan.

Lebron - 6'8" linebacker who can outrun point guards, out jump wing players, out muscle centers, shoot from 40 feet away, multiple highlight reel dunks in a game, triple double machine...words are simply not enough.

PLUS he has met or exceeded expectations from high school on and he seems to be a decent human being.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
masonphillip said:
PLUS he has met or exceeded expectations from high school on and he seems to be a decent human being.

Unless you have french fries in your possession.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think the hotlist is a great idea, but I still think it would be better if a list for each sport was done.

I think this would give it more credence because, to me, it seems jumbled and it's hard to compare Lebron and Durant who are actively playing, to guys like Bell and Jennings who are inactive now, and in different sports.

Of course Durant will be hotter than Montero, Bell, etc, because he is playing and his stock will rise more than when he's not, and vice versa

Off season vs Regular Season and potentially playoffs...of course the guys playing will be better priced and hotter

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Durant's scoring progression is on par with the best of them.

We still haven't seen the best this kid has to offer..

The only place he's lagging behind LBJ is assists....

In a perfect world, Durant doesn't get extended 'cause of the CBA.. eventually leaves.. goes to New York instead of Lebron... starts beating Lebron for Scoring Titles & Championships.

Then, he'll be within 5% of Lebron Prices.

I absolutely, positively, love this kid.

I think they both debuted as 19-year olds, as well.

If only the one-and-done rule wasn't put into effect, Toronto could have Durant or Oden instead of stupid, Bargangianiaaniai

braden

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
If only the one-and-done rule wasn't put into effect, Toronto could have Durant or Oden instead of stupid, Bargangianiaaniai

I'd much rather have Andrea than Oden. And you can bet your bottom dollar that's who they'd have taken.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
HPC said:
I think the hotlist is a great idea, but I still think it would be better if a list for each sport was done.

I think this would give it more credence because, to me, it seems jumbled and it's hard to compare Lebron and Durant who are actively playing, to guys like Bell and Jennings who are inactive now, and in different sports.

Of course Durant will be hotter than Montero, Bell, etc, because he is playing and his stock will rise more than when he's not, and vice versa

Off season vs Regular Season and potentially playoffs...of course the guys playing will be better priced and hotter

The hot list is ultimately about card prices, not player performance. The player performance bits I throw in there are simply to validate or perhaps provide reasons why the prices moved up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts