Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is Frank Thomas a First Ballot HOF'er??

IS the Big Hurt a First Ballot HOF'er??

• 1. Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I think he is. A strong supporter against PED's. One of the best players in the 90's, 2x MVP and a member of the ever growing 500 HR club. First ballot??

thebighurt.jpg

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I think most power hitters from the 90's will have to wait a year because of the steroid thought

Will he make the HOF, yes, but I say second time while Maddux and Glavine make it 1st

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Hell no. He was primarily a DH and DH's shouldn't be in the HOF because they are one-dimensional players...

Oh wait, sorry, someone everyone's anti-Edgar comments were sticking on me...

Absolutely Frank Thomas is a first ballot HOFer. I consider only Bonds and Griffey to be more feared hitters in the 90s than Thomas was. The guy was a beast and there's never been steroid talk pointed in his direction (to the best of my knowledge).

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Sly said:
Hell no. He was primarily a DH and DH's shouldn't be in the HOF because they are one-dimensional players...

Absolutely Frank Thomas is a first ballot HOFer. I consider only Bonds and Griffey to be more feared hitters in the 90s than Thomas was. The guy was a beast and there's never been steroid talk pointed in his direction (to the best of my knowledge).

Totally agree with the Edgar statement

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Thomas did play almost 1000 games at 1st, compared to 1300 at DH vs. 600 to 1400 for Edgar.

It sorta cracks me up that people would bash a DH, as it's a position.

If you have Mark Teixera playing first base, is there any shame in being a Yankee DH?

People seem to forget that just because someone's playing DH, doesn't mean that they can't field. It just means that there's a more optimal fielder on that team.

To me, it's like saying "Pitcher X can't get into the HOF because he was never an ACE" -- the first that comes to mind is Pettite.

Sure, he was never better than Clemens, or Oswalt, or David Cone, but what a stupid-freakin' argument.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
Sly said:
Sly said:

I agree with the bolded statment. I do believe Thomas was a part time player. He has been hanging around compiling stats, much like Griffey, for 10 years. He has never helped a team get to the next level, and was pretty much a selfish guy with no glove. Mark McGwire was a MUCH better all around player. And BTW, chances are Frank Thomas was on steriods! He played college football, and in the MLB era where most used. In those days most people that lifted weights were on roids or HGH, especially college football TE's!

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
bodiaz said:
Sly said:
Sly said:

I agree with the bolded statment. I do believe Thomas was a part time player. He has been hanging around compiling stats, much like Griffey, for 10 years. He has never helped a team get to the next level, and was pretty much a selfish guy with no glove. Mark McGwire was a MUCH better all around player. And BTW, chances are Frank Thomas was on steriods! He played college football, and in the MLB era where most used. In those days most people that lifted weights were on roids or HGH, especially college football TE's!

Frank Thomas' Balls beg to differ. Various tribes worship them as the god of fertility and wealth. They're the size of coconuts and anyone that disagrees hasn't seen him run.

McGwire and Bonds have tiny little man-raisins that Frank Thomas fed to the pigeons in Lincoln Park, many, many years ago.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
bodiaz said:
Sly said:
Sly said:

You pretty much sling this "everyone used steroids" nonsense everywhere you go, don't you?
Just because Bonds used and couldnt do it on his own ability doesn't mean everyone else was the same way.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
I don't think he'll get in on the first ballot but he will within 3 or 4 years. Being a DH will hurt him with voters.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
bodiaz said:
Sly said:
Sly said:

Sorry, the weight room discipline that you claim Bonds had was nothing to that of Frank's. I was looking forward to your reply. If Bonds had no roids he wouldn't have been as resilient as he was. It's that simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts