Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who are your investment pickups this off-season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Last year I had picked up a few people who included Jamaal Charles (sold too early) some Jay Cutler (sold too early) and a few others. Who are your targets before the next season?

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I think a healthy James Davis (wear pads, ******) is better than 200-yard Harrison by a long-shot.

Arian Foster, maybe too, if he's cheap-ity cheap, cheap.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Julian Eddleman. His hype from his one big game has kinda worn off and his playoff contender RC Auto is half what it was after that game. We also don't know what kind of shape Welker will be in next season. Eddleman will be a greate White Receiver fill in.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Matt Moore if you can get a good deal. I think he has a shot to be starter this season, but they still might stick with GoHome Delhomme.

Felix Jones possibly? With Barber not looking like himself as much last season, and Jones being so explosive, I can definitely see Jones getting more of a feature role. Not sure what his prices are right now though.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
pigskincardboard said:
No one's got any third year wide receivers?

There's gotta be someone with like 550 yards and 4 TD that's screaming.. BREAKOUT YEAR!
Roy Williams of the Dallas Cowboys? Sounds like his numbers... :? Just that he's a bit more seasoned than third year, and he is a bust, not an investment :lol:

Did you have somebody in mind when you said that? I'm drawing a blank.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Mike Sims-Walker, here and there.

Still praying Dennis Northcutt has a 1000 yard season ...

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Card Magnet said:
Matt Moore if you can get a good deal. I think he has a shot to be starter this season, but they still might stick with GoHome Delhomme.

He is currently listed as the #1 QB on the Depth Chart... Delhomme isnt even listed... but it doesnt show an updated date.... so it might just be from the last game of the season. But 4 starts... 8 TD 0 INT and his QB rating for those last 4 games was 2nd in the NFL to Rivers.

If they are smart he will be the starter next season.

jaderock

Jan 22, 2009
Matt Jones and Pac Man Jones :lol:

---

I go for the quick turns versus the long term investments, so nothing on the radar yet

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Card Magnet said:
pigskincardboard said:
No one's got any third year wide receivers?

There's gotta be someone with like 550 yards and 4 TD that's screaming.. BREAKOUT YEAR!
Roy Williams of the Dallas Cowboys? Sounds like his numbers... :? Just that he's a bit more seasoned than third year, and he is a bust, not an investment :lol:

Did you have somebody in mind when you said that? I'm drawing a blank.

Naw, I hadn't looked at anything. Normally those are just the numbers that kids make a big jump from. I've played fantasy football for way too long, and those are the numbers I look for when it comes to late round keeper picks.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
bradical said:
Anthony Gonzalez.

He very well may have lost his spot in the starting lineup due to the excellent play down the stretch of P.Garcon (though it took him awhile to get in the groove), not to mention the solid play of rookie A.Collie. I honestly think A.Gonzo is outta luck next season! :D

Members online