Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If Lincecum Does Become FA in 2 Years How Much Will He Make?

How Much / How Long?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Say he does become a FA and switch teams, what do you think he will make and how long will he sign?

Which team might be in the running to acquire him?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
On the open market, there is no doubt that Lincecum gets a Sabathia-esque deal provided he stays healthy and his average velo doesnt drop anymore. The usual suspects would be lined up: Yanks, Sox, Angels, Dodgers, Chi Sox, Cubs, Giants, Mariners, etc.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Lincecum will be 27, with at least two Cy Youngs.

John Lackey got 5-82.5 from the Redsox, at age 31, with a best season of 19-9 with a 3.01 ERA.

AJ Burnett got 5-82.5 from the Yankees, at age 32, coming off an 18-10, 4.07 season.

Just looking at it logically, if Lincecum doesn't fall apart in the next two seasons, how is he not deserving of a significantly higher contract, both in years and AVV. He should match Sabathia's deal at minimum.

And in terms of teams in the running, Giants, Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, Cubs, etc.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
darocker80 said:
ronfromfresno said:
He'll sign the Giants for far too much.
Hard to put a price (to overpay) when he's the only pitcher to win 2 cy youngs in his first full two seasons :p

Actually, that's the easiest way to overpay.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
If the Giants dont sign him to an extension in the next 2 years and he is allowed to hit the open market..... factor in 2 Cy Youngs..... 27 years old.... and a whole career ahead of him.... I wouldnt be shocked if he signed a deal that guaranteed him $30M per... 5 years/$150M EASILY. The Yankees and Red Sox will be bidding against one another.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
After this contract he'll still have 2 years of arbitration left. I don't think he's going anywhere. He likes pitching here due to the weather. He hates pitching in hot weather so that leaves 2 teams, Mariners and Giants.
To answer the OP's question he'll get the biggest contract in the history of baseball for a pitcher. Show me one pitcher who has better numbers, more Cy Young's WITH more potential than Time Lincecum. Oh, and who's in their late 20's.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
kdailey4315 said:
After this contract he'll still have 2 years of arbitration left. I don't think he's going anywhere. He likes pitching here due to the weather. He hates pitching in hot weather so that leaves 2 teams, Mariners and Giants.
To answer the OP's question he'll get the biggest contract in the history of baseball for a pitcher. Show me one pitcher who has better numbers, more Cy Young's WITH more potential than Time Lincecum. Oh, and who's in their late 20's.
I think the only reason they didn't sign him to a longer contract was because he hasn't pitched that long in the majors. Once they see him consistant and healthy, they'll extend him to 4-7 years before he becomes a free agent in 2013

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
LLWesMan said:
I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be the highest paid pitcher in the game.

EXACTLY! The Giants should do what the Cardinals should do next year with Pujols. Sign him to a life long contract and let him fill in the amount. Let Timmy win 10+ Cy Young's in a Giants uni.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Superfractor said:
?-years, 100 billion dollars?

It's going to be great seeing how much Pujols and Tim get: The best deserve the most.

I'm pretty sure that the Twins will get Mauer at a discount 20-25 mil per year. If NY and BoSox become an option, they'll offer 30+ a year. Its insane how much some layers get. Pujols will push 35 mil in the future

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
MallCopKJ said:
IF he signs in the American League, it will be for far too much for how he will perform.
just because he pitches in the NL hmm. Johan santana won 2 CY youngs in the AL, oh and he lost to Lincecum in the 08 NL CY young race...hmmm.

He's a filthy pitcher and will dominate in any league ;)

Latest posts