Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SPA Patch Auto RC's or NT Patch Auto RC's

Which would you choose SPA RC AUTO PATCH OR NT RC AUTO PATCH

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
If you had to pick one or the other of your favorite player and you could only have one what would it be?

!BllHuH!!2k~$(KGrHqQH-CIEtpvKevb0BLcOPZYb5Q~~_12.jpg

!Bl4Yc9Q!2k~$(KGrHqYOKjoEtkjpStt!BLdco!8eM!~~_12.jpg

(I tried to choose a similar patch for both products.)

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
My personal opinion is that I LOVE the NT rc auto patches. I gave them the nick name "sexy auto patches". I will own both crabtrees but just something about the NT that looks amazing to me.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
My choice is easily NT.

Then again to be fair - shouldn't NT be compared to Exquisite? Because even though I thought NT is a no-brainer in the poll....you'd be hard pressed to find a better RC than the SPA in a $100 box.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
rymflaherty said:
My choice is easily NT.

Then again to be fair - shouldn't NT be compared to Exquisite? Because even though I thought NT is a no-brainer in the poll....you'd be hard pressed to find a better RC than the SPA in a $100 box.

Not necessarily, for some reason NT and SPA compare via price guide and sell value (silly I know)

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Simplicity is king and NT has bubbly autos, a busy design and a weird signing space. SPA is clean and looks amazing.

SPA for sure.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Gellman with shocking support of this UD product. Not even close to NT IMO lol... I love SPA but other then the logos they can not compete this year with treasures. It took a couple of "bubbly" autos to make it even close. Panini has waxed UD all year. My favorite cards in my PC are all UD but I call it like I see it

rookies /999 and /950

redemption heaven as well in SPA

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Gellman said:
Simplicity is king and NT has bubbly autos, a busy design and a weird signing space. SPA is clean and looks amazing.

SPA for sure.

I agree the larger and all white signing space is nicer on the SPA, not sure about the rest though.

I should preface this by saying neither are "bad", both are great looking cards, but I don't see how SPA is "clean" when it has whatever weird foggy effect that makes no sense on the top and side and the most prominent thing other than the player and auto/patch is a big gaudy "Rookie Authentics" on the top.

To me the NT has a more balanced design. Small team logo (which i don't see on the SPA) bottom left small NT logo on top left. Then the players name prominently displayed on top.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I like both this year, I wish the NT was a bit more simple, I have found overall that Panini's products have suffered
from over design. Sometimes plain is beautiful. I opened and saw a case of SPA opened today, the on card autographs
and expecially the duals and triples look amazing. All the patches I have seen were nice also. I think the tie breaker
in this argument is in the history. SPA is still THE card to get, it has even staved off their own exquisite brand which
costs much much more. NT has not held its value over the years, 06 NT is well below cost, not good for investors.
SPA is a sure thing.

Kevin

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
SPA all the way

wellsnt.jpg

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
No one's going to debate that Bubbling Autographs are EPIC FAIL...But do they Offer a Replacement? If they do, I bet it beats my SPA redemption to the doorstep by at least a month.

Redemptions in a nice product like SPA is just an eff-you. You can't sell the cards unless you want to take a huge loss off the top. People hedge their bets on how 'sick' the patch will be and don't pay the premium.

Spa has two things going for it. The signature can be as big or little as the athlete wants and it's got a beautiful white background. NT constricts, but has a bigger patch.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Well, the only rookie in 2009 I would want is LaRod Stephens-Howling, and neither made a card for him, so "Neither" is my choice :lol: . SPA did make a LSH card, but it is non-auto, non-memorabilia. At least NT made an auto /99.

Getting over that, I'd say NT as long as the auto isn't bubbled like some were in other Panini releases. I just like the design a little more. There's too much white space in the SPA. Although truth be told, I'd be happy with either if it was somebody I wanted, both are nice.

Members online