Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Redemption. Is this a fair trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braves1047

Feb 3, 2010
I had a redemption for a 2008 cosingers Garrett Olsen Brian Burres Autograph. Topps finally sent me a replacement. It is an uncirulated Adam Lind autograph. I have no idea what set it is out of. It just has a 2009 copyright date. I think Adam Lind is a good player but I liked the co-signers autographs just for the fact you get 2 autos on 1 card. Does this seem like a fair exchange or did they short me?
Here is an example of the card. I am not selling mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Topps-Adam-Lin ... 1e5a72cc45

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
braves1047 said:
I had a redemption for a 2008 cosingers Garrett Olsen Brian Burres Autograph. Topps finally sent me a replacement. It is an uncirulated Adam Lind autograph. I have no idea what set it is out of. It just has a 2009 copyright date. I think Adam Lind is a good player but I liked the co-signers autographs just for the fact you get 2 autos on 1 card. Does this seem like a fair exchange or did they short me?
Here is an example of the card. I am not selling mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Topps-Adam-Lin ... 1e5a72cc45

I think I'd at least ask for another dual autograph. While I do agree that Lind is a good player, he doesn't yet have the following that other superstars do. Maybe if you push you can get a dual with Adam Lind on it. However, I have found that Topps doesn't give a damn about what you want, only that you get something. Good luck!

Matt

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Here is mine I had a Allen & Ginter BB Alex Rios Framed Auto Redemption in for I think only Dec 2009
and I go this in the mail today they sent me this Clay Buchholz Auto
scan-1.jpg

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I got the same crap Lind card for the same dual auto. They say they are of comparable value, but there is no value on a card they produce for replacements. Topps cs is by far the worst out there!

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
i too got the lind for the burris dual personally im pretty happy considering what a crap dual the burris olsen is and the fact that the lind is an uncirculated auto i think would sell for more down the line

braves1047

Feb 3, 2010
Thanks for every ones input. I know Topps cs is bad but i will call and see if I maybe able to get a duel with lind. I still think a duel auto should be replaced with a duel auto. Thats just my two cents. I am not hoping for much from Topps maybe I will get lucky :D

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not sure if a Burres/Olson would sell for .99.

The Lind surely would.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Where are those uncirculated auto's even from?
Just curious cause I don;t remember any designs like that.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
rymflaherty said:
Where are those uncirculated auto's even from?
Just curious cause I don;t remember any designs like that.

pretty sure they used surplus stickers and made cards to use specifically as replacements.

Kozma Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I received an encapsulated Robinson Cano Auto as a replacement for Brendan Ryan & Chris Duncan Dual Auto Today. Same type of card as the Lind.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Kozma Collector said:
I received an encapsulated Robinson Cano Auto as a replacement for Brendan Ryan & Chris Duncan Dual Auto Today. Same type of card as the Lind.

I had that card too.

I got a Markakis/Roberts Dual Autograph from 07 Co-Signers.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
There are Lou Pineilla encased autos out there like the Lind. Like what was said before, Topps just made some cards to make up for not sending the cards out.

~AJ

Members online

Latest posts