Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whos this years MEGA FLOP top prospect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
A few customers and I were thinking of which mega hyped prospect we think will have a bad season.

By mega hyped I mean top 20 or so. From the guys Ive questioned, most feel Chapman will not do well this year with other votes going to Stanton, Ackley, Posey and Matusz.

And you all?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
I don't see how Posey can be a flop. He had time up last year and didn't do that bad. For what he's projected to be, a great defensive catcher that will hit for average and not power I just don't see him busting. To me Chapman has El Duke writen all over him. Whether or not you consider El Duke a bust is up to you.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
~~ What are you doing? Are you begging for another Lars Anderson or Greg Halman? I mean just keep your fingers crossed and mouth shut! Please. Whoever you mention will probably do fine and your investments drop off the map. ~~

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
not a prospect anymore but I don't think Hanson will translate to what people expect. I feel he has a 4.00+ era year

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I honestly don't see any of the true top prospects having a season that would be bad enough to get them tagged as a "flop", barring injury. I could certainly see Chapman struggling, atleast for part of the season, especially if he gets pushed to AA immediately. I've expressed my doubts/concerns about Bumgarner and could see more of his luster coming off if he starts off in the big league rotation and his velo hasn't come back up and his secondary stuff hasn't improved.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
bballcardkid said:
Jaypers said:
I won't be wishing, or predicting failure for any prospect.

+1. May all of the top prospects feast off of the career minor leaguers. No more Moustakas, Anderson, or Hosmer years please.

You guys are hilarious. Don't let the Karma bug bite you!

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
if you are looking for epic fails, look at the list of guys I am buying in the transaction section :lol:

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
Alvarez,people don't realize that he had a .400 BABIP in AA last year. Alvarez will be struggling to get out of the .250 range and I don't think he'll have as much pop this year.

Members online

Latest posts