Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Deal or No Deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
WOW! Thats a lot of cheddar! I am sure that if you break it down, you might make money back. The Williams patch alone has sold for right around 900 bucks so that leaves 8 cards to make up 600 dollars.

Last Ruth similar to yours( it was #'d to 25) sold for 240
The Ultimate 8 would probably run ya around 40-60 so we'll say 50 bucks.
Frank Robinson 1/1 would probably fetch around 30-40(Didn't sell for 99 by itself)
Johnny Bench dual patch auto around 75(triple patches were at about 80-90 completed)
Scmidt quad jersey auto around 40 bucks
Pedro jumbo patch around 85 bucks
Maris triple g/u around 40 bucks
Jared Mitchell gold refractor auto(You can send this to me as he is my guy this year and I had to look all this up!) around 85 bucks

SO with all of that factored in, if you sold out again and tried to recoup, here's where it stands

900 Ted + 240 Ruth+ 50 Ult8 + 35 Robinson1/1 + 75 Bench + 40 Schmidt + 85 Pedro + 40 Maris + 85 Mitchell= 1515. LOL.

My guesstimates are about 5 bucks more than what you paid. Hmmm, nice lot but I don't think you got a steal.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Yeah, shockingly, I think that lot went for almost dead-on market value.

It's neither a win or lose purchase. You spent $1500+ and received $1500+ in value.

ballcardzdotcom

Aug 13, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
The original BIN was $1999.99...I offered $1450...they offered $1510..I took it...my main interest was the Williams patch. However, there were some good cards included with this one. I guess my question is, if/when the UD Ultimate has run its course, and most of the other Ted patches find their way into PC's, do you see that card having appreciated enough to cover the entire lot, say in a year or so?

Matt

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
It all depends on whether UD can produce a product that will compete with that type of card. I would think it would be hard to fathom that a Williams patch card would go for 1500 bucks but I guess it is possible, whatwith crazy set and player collectors and the fact that its a huge patch.

My guess is going to be NO as I feel that once the hype is over on the product, prices will cool off a bit. Afterall, there is 2010 UD Ultimate. ;)

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Did about what they are selling for. You're good as long as it doesn't come out that those Ultimate Jumbo patches are manufactured patches. Haven't seen the backs of the cards so I can't say for sure on them. That Teddy scares me off though.

Nevermind, I found one with a back on it on Ebay and it says it is Game Used. Cool Pick up on both the Ruth and Teddy!!

ballcardzdotcom said:
How'd I do?

[ebay:1s0f3310]120530288370[/ebay:1s0f3310]

Matt

koch1974

Aug 29, 2009
If it's a PC lot, not a bad price. If you are looking to re-sell, you will definitely take a loss if you have to use Ebay. After fees, this is isnt worth anywhere near $1500.

Members online

Latest posts