Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2008 Bowman Chrome Draft Market Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
After tracking sales of singles since their release via the OPG we have seen several interesting trends.

One of the more interesting trends is the huge drop in price from release to now.

Take Buster Posey and Ike Davis for example. Huge drops from release to now. Also, some players like Derek Holland only dropped slightly.

Here is a list of the average market value of the refractors from now to release.

draft1.pngdraft2.png

Doing this OPG has been interesting, I can't wait to see how this all plays out years down the road.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Awesome work. What you've found is what happens in just about every BCDP release - high values for the first few weeks, then an almost wholesale dropoff, then when the season starts, some cards kick back up.

Thanks again, Chris.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
What would have been even better to see is the difference in price from the sales that were from the Day before thanksgiving to people getting it in that next Monday. Those 4 days were big in price difference.

I got for a full 495 card set combined I got 67 per set now you can get them much cheaper. Not to mention, I got 70 for Posey, 64 for Beckham, 55 for Flores, etc.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Check out the drop for Ike Davis Refractor Autos...

IkeDavisRefs.gif

If you hit those early BINs you are probably feeling kinda like this...

293homealone.jpg

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
bleh

ref

why even bother to list it that way?

added

I know...I'm sure that figured in the price. Also, I'm sure you know this but typing ref* will get you all the ref listings as well as the refractor listings.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Have you guy's followed the market on Razor Sig. Series? That would be interesting to see also! I've noticed that they started off ice cold, flaired up once people realized they were out, & have now begin to fizzle off (just like that of B.Chrome, yet not as expensive). Interesting stuff guy's, keep up the good work! :D

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Have you guy's followed the market on Razor Sig. Series? That would be interesting to see also! I've noticed that they started off ice cold, flaired up once people realized they were out, & have now begin to fizzle off (just like that of B.Chrome, yet not as expensive). Interesting stuff guy's, keep up the good work! :D

we have some razor info

sooooo many cards though.

I posted the bowman chrome issue because the info is more complete because there are less cards to track.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
cgilmo said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

we have some razor info

sooooo many cards though.

I posted the bowman chrome issue because the info is more complete because there are less cards to track.

Very true, I've been "trying" to follow as many as I can & the most notable is the Lawrie's (I think the SP news hit like a tidal wave as some of these price's got ridiculous in the early going of the "news"). Thanks for the Chrome info. as I think this stuff is very interesting & fun to evaluate the up & down trend's that occur! Any chance you guy's are going to make graph charts that show the fluctuation by months (or even weeks)? Either way, GREAT job to ALL of you whom are participating!!! All the minor b.s. & small-time bickering aside, this community of collector's/prospector's is one of, if not, the most dedicated & intelligent group's in our hobby! Keep up the good work guy's n' gal's!!! :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I guess it would be a waste of time for you guy's, I just thought it would be neat to compare the charts (it would make for interesting discussion's, as individual's gave thier opinion's on the up's & down's & the reason's why).