Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Such a nice eBay seller ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I had a simple question about a '10 Topps Josh Johnson Black #'d/59. The seller didn't list the serial # in the auction (I like to get 55/xx, because it's JJ's jersey #).

Here's my question to the seller:

Dear ajp1967,

Just wondering what the exact serial # for this card is ? Like xx/59.

PLMK and thank you.

Here's his polite response:

I'm sorry but due to the large amount of serial numbered cards I have listed, if it isn't in the listing, I won't look it up.

- ajp1967

I'm glad it's such an inconvience to look something up. With a starting bid of $4.99, I don't believe I'll bite on it, due to his attitude and the fact I was able to get one last night for $.99.

Anyone else have any great seller stories about asking a simple question and getting a rude response ?

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean seriously, if you want business, you should be nice to your customers (or potential customers).

If this guy was a dealer, I'd hate to meet him at a show to see this salesmanship live, in person :geek: ...

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
55_marlins_sp said:

I mean seriously, if you want business, you should be nice to your customers (or potential customers).

If this guy was a dealer, I'd hate to meet him at a show to see this salesmanship live, in person :geek: ...
i would also hate to meet him. hes probobly a big fat antisocial guy

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
jeff550 said:
55_marlins_sp said:

i would also hate to meet him. hes probobly a big fat antisocial guy

comicbookguy.gif

jhk

Sep 19, 2009
North Kakalaki
Literally this response... Dear jhkunc,

I'm sorry but due to the large amount of serial numbered cards I have listed, if it isn't in the listing, I won't look it up.

- ajp1967

::facepalm:: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a loser when it comes to being a seller... sheesh...

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
good ole copy and pasted responces

sorry but due to the large amount of serial numbered cards I have listed, if it isn't in the listing, I won't look it up.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
On multiple occasions, I have had sellers tell me that it "wasn't worth their time" to make a sale under a certain dollar amount. The deals were in the $20-30 range, so they weren't small purchases. Needless to say, they didn't get my business...

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
Seriously? if your only going to buy 55/ there is not much chance that the seller has the exact number you are looking for. I dont blame him for not looking it up. 99% of the the time its not going to result in a sale. If your selling a lot of items with a large inventory and have people asking you that question all the time you would waste a lot of time looking through all your cards.
When a card is serial numbered I usually list it in the auction when I scan the card. If its not listed I wont take the time to look it up because thats never ever once resulted in a sale. Not once.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
notjomommasclint said:
looking the serial number up is not that demanding of a task and he should have done this for sure. yet i find his response far from rude.

I agree on both counts.

Should be a simple evolution to do so, but he was not rude at all in his response. However, I do not know how or where he keeps his cards, nor do I know how and when he packages the cards he is selling, so it may infact be a bit of a inconvienience to look. Eithor way, it's not a big deal to me because as long as I know it's a stamped XX/XX, whats the difference what the first XX is? Unless I'm trying to cherrypick 01's or jersey numbers, ect...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I actually see no fault with the seller here, and he is right, it wouldn't have been worth his time.

Most sellers are more than happy to jack up their listing with any possible "1/1" number like 01, 100/100, jersey number etc, but the fact remains, only in a small, minute fraction of instances dos the serial-number matter. And, in the large majority of these instances the seller will note that number in the auction.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
notjomommasclint said:
looking the serial number up is not that demanding of a task and he should have done this for sure. yet i find his response far from rude.
your right his response *** not rude but LAZY!! :evil: If it is not worth the time then why the hell does he sell anyways??What a complete and utter ****** and a half.

brumbach

I'm more than happy to answer questions on all of the big-ticket one dollar cards in my store. I don't understand the sloth and rudeness of so many sellers, if it's that inconvenient then stop selling. I had a rough patch last year where I was taking way too long in getting cards mailed out, so I shut things down for a few months. Anything worth doing is worth doing right.

manomanomanomanomanoman

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
When he listed the card he should have put the number the card is numbered to in his listing.. EBAY has made it too easy as they have a place just for that info..

Sure you might not want to respond to a $0.99 item, but since you didn't respond that time, the next time the seller lists a high end card that I might want that might be a difference of a hundred dollars or more, you just lost my sale by not giving me that info..

I was about to bid on a card the other night and I was going to bid over $300 on it... I saw the seller, and because of something he did customer service wise or lack there of, he didn't get my bid and the card probably sold for half of what I was willing to pay..

Sellers think of the small $1 dollar sale as so what.. but good customer service might make a difference in a sale down the road..

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
matfanofold said:
notjomommasclint said:

I agree on both counts.

Should be a simple evolution to do so, but he was not rude at all in his response. However, I do not know how or where he keeps his cards, nor do I know how and when he packages the cards he is selling, so it may infact be a bit of a inconvienience to look. Eithor way, it's not a big deal to me because as long as I know it's a stamped XX/XX, whats the difference what the first XX is? Unless I'm trying to cherrypick 01's or jersey numbers, ect...

Like I said earlier, if it's 55/59, I'll be more inclined to get it (since I am a person who values either 55/*** or 86/***) for my personal collection of Josh Johnson and Dennis Northcutt. The seller just lost out on a sale, even if it was 55/59. Laziness is something that needs to be eliminated from the hobby.

Oh, and I believe it was rude. That'd be like (to me) going to a show or a LCS and asking to see a card on in a showcase and the dealer / shop keep saying, "Nah, you can see it from where you're at." ...

Members online

Latest posts