Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS/JSA grading question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I posted this inquiry on the Baseball boards yesterday but didn't get any response, so I figured I'd try here:

I recently submitted 14 cards (all certified autographs) to BGS during their $10 5-day Registry special. I got my order back yesterday and 2 of the cards I submitted, both 1994 Upper Deck Alex Rodriguez "Alumni" Certified Autographs #298 (with the UD AUthenticated sticker on back), were returned ungraded (they didn't even break the tape on the Card Saver I's that the cards were in) with a Post-it note that says "Send to JSA".

WTH?...

Those cards are already certified authentic by Upper Deck, why would I need to send them to JSA? And the worst part is, they charged me the grading fee and autograph surcharge for those 2 cards, but they didn't even look at them. Has anyone have this happen to them before? Since they didn't even look at the cards, do you think it would be fair to to call BGS Customer service and try and get my fees refunded for those 2 cards?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
I've never had that happen before, maybe they thought it was a IP auto. I would call them and explain how that it is certified by UD and you want it to be graded that way. If it happened to me I would get a refund from them and I would get them graded for free when they realize it was a certified auto. :D

Members online