Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Long Term Investment?

Better Long Term Invertment?

• 1. 2001 Bowman Autograph bgs 9.5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassprokvd

May 10, 2009
TITLETOWN, Wisconsin
I need a pujols rc auto for my collection. I cant afford a b.c., so my options are:

1. 2001 Bowman Autograph Pujols 9.5(But would some consider this a Insert?) or
2. 2001 SPX Auto Rc Pujols 9.5

I kind of want to stay away from fleer legacy,and the donruss auto rc

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
I'd continue to advocate that the best value of any Pujols AU RC is the 2001 Donruss Signature Series. While it's widely known that most Fleer Legacys are fake, I think a very good percent of SPxs are trimmed even if they are graded.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Codasco07 said:
I'd continue to advocate that the best value of any Pujols AU RC is the 2001 Donruss Signature Series.
The problem with the Donruss Signature, Classics, etc. Pujols autographed rookies are the ugly, shiny stickers that dominate the card.
Sure, they're a good value if you want a Pujols rookie-year autograph.
But I think as the years pass, I believe collectors will prefer the on-card autographs.
It's a shame that so many of the Fleers are fakes and the SPx are trimmed, but if you find an authentic/untrimmed one, they're definitely better looking than the Donruss stickered varieties.
That's just my opinion.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
I would say the SPx, but I am a little biased. (And no, it isn't available :D )

pujolsspxrcautobgs9.jpg

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm a huge fan of the SPx. It's a true RC (not an insert) it's got great photography, the autograph is on-card and not cramped, and it had a far higher peak than the Bowman Autograph. (The SPx raw at one time hit $1200.)

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
The Bowman, the SPx cards will all have the auto completely gone in 10 years, lol.

I'm guessing you are also watching the BGS 9.5 Bowman auto on Ebay right now?

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'll go off the board and go with one of the rare numbered parallels like SP Authentic, Elite or Topps Stars. They are really tough to find now, won't get any easier. I am not sure about the durability of autographs on glossy cards and usually prefer 'pure' cards anyway. Even the Bowman Heritage promo card is really tough these days.

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
The Bowman, the SPx cards will all have the auto completely gone in 10 years, lol.

i have to disagree, as long as you dont keep in the light on a daily basis it will be fine

006-1.png

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
Codasco07 said:
I'd continue to advocate that the best value of any Pujols AU RC is the 2001 Donruss Signature Series. While it's widely known that most Fleer Legacys are fake, I think a very good percent of SPxs are trimmed even if they are graded.
The Signature Series don't scan well, but they look excellent in person.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
KOBEARODLT said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:

i have to disagree, as long as you dont keep in the light on a daily basis it will be fine

006-1.png

It true that keeping them out of the light helps a TON. I have always wondered about the long term durability of most autos on glossy surfaces. Long term as in 50+ years. We still haven't seen what might happen. Hopefully nothing, but I have a feeling the cards that actually survive the longest are the old school stock where the ink is able to be sucked in some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts