Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ho Ho Ho..ly crap!! Let's all Play some Ball with Doerr!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Wow what a freakin mailday!!

I'll start it off with an insanely awesome sketch of Bobby Doerr by our very own, WoundedDuck!! :D

doerrsketch.jpg1939doerrpb6front.jpg

Modeled after my favorite card of his, 1939 Play Ball! :) Looks fantastic!!!

And this package surprised me, holy crap! Got a package, opened it up it says "Ho Ho Ho"...Santa! :eek: So I unravel the awesome Christmas themed tissue paper and well....I'll let the scan do the talking:

doerrautoed39playball.jpg

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

HOLY CRAP!!! Chris, I can't believe you sent this to me. I am still in shock right now. My favorite card, and it looks even better with an auto..Wow wow wow. This is the greatest gift ever!! I am so happy right now....look how nice that is!!! :D

Thank you so much buddy...I owe yah one, a big one. Wow!

Well my Doerr collection is now complete. :)

Here is my other Doerr auto'ed vintage card:

1936goudeywpautoeddoerr.jpg

Since we are all in the holiday spirit here is the incredible gift I got last year around Christmas:

doerrudm1of1front.jpgdoerrudm1of1back.jpg

You guys are too good to me!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And to finish off this amazing already thread...A little something I bought for myself:

doerrautopatch2.jpg

2/2

Thanks everyone and have a great Christmas, I already did! :mrgreen:

-Scott

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Awsome stuff Scotty!!! I was watching that 2/2 doerr :oops: but Im glad you got it as your the real doerr collector. Unbelievable genorosity by Chris. Way to go...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Awsome stuff Scotty!!! I was watching that 2/2 doerr :oops: but Im glad you got it as your the real doerr collector. Unbelievable genorosity by Chris. Way to go...
Sorry Tony!! :oops:
Worked out a deal with the seller, were you going to bid??

Everyone else, thank you soo much for the comments it means a lot! :D

As for slabbing, SGC still authenticates autos correct??

I really can't stop looking at it, absolutely incredible..

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Merry Christmas, Scotty!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm really happy that you like it.......

You're a great guy and have an awesome collection........I'm glad Bobby found a real good home.

Merry Christmas, pal......

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
scotty21690 said:
mlbsalltimegreats said:
Sorry Tony!! :oops:
Worked out a deal with the seller, were you going to bid??

Everyone else, thank you soo much for the comments it means a lot! :D

As for slabbing, SGC still authenticates autos correct??

I was acually going to Pm you asking if you had a bid on it but you answered my question :lol: :lol: Awsome Card you deserve it!!!

I really can't stop looking at it, absolutely incredible..

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
:lol: Love the title man "Ho Ho Ho...ly crap!" :D Good stuff! Also, that is one of the nicest looking vintage graphs I've seen (in red, looks GREAT)! Very nice gesture for a very nice member! Merry Christmas :p

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
shanks25 said:
Merry Christmas, Scotty!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm really happy that you like it.......

You're a great guy and have an awesome collection........I'm glad Bobby found a real good home.

Merry Christmas, pal......
You are the MAN Chris....Thank you so much buddy, this will be in the PC forever! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It was funny because I opened the first package and it was the sketch card of the 39 Play Ball Doerr and I'm like that looks sick! And to my surprise the next card was none other but an auto'ed 39 Play Ball :p :p Merry Christmas to you too man!!

jay1065 - Thanks a ton Jay! :)

HoustonTeams4Me - Heh thanks man, Merry Christmas to you too! The Red ink on the black and white card looks awesome!! And btw, I had to do something with "Ho Ho Ho" because Chris wrote it on the package. ;)

mlbsalltimegreats - Thanks man, I wasn't losing out on that one!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
u gotta love red ink!

very nice, scott!

dave
Thanks Dave!! LOVE the red ink, how's the new siggy?! :)

Once Christmas comes along I will have a Blue ink (Gehringer), Red ink (Doerr), and Black ink (Ferrell) in the sig. :D

soxfan33

Aug 7, 2008
Scotty,

Congrats! That's a super nice card! Even better that is was a gift! A very nice one at that.

Here's a Doerr I just traded for yesterday. Not as nice as yours, but I wanted to share it with you:
sc006900cc.jpg

Have a Merry Christmas!
John

Members online