Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Victor Martinez: No talks after camp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/ne ... id=4915460

Good quotes-

"I came to the place where a lot of players dream to come and a lot of players wish to play here in Boston. So I'm here, I do really want to stay here and hopefully end my career in Boston."

"Like I said, I don't really want to be a free agent. If they give me a chance to be a free agent, I don't know what's going to happen."

....so Theo, what will it take to wrap him up for beyond this year?

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
MaineMule said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4915460

Good quotes-

"I came to the place where a lot of players dream to come and a lot of players wish to play here in Boston. So I'm here, I do really want to stay here and hopefully end my career in Boston."
"Like I said, I don't really want to be a free agent. If they give me a chance to be a free agent, I don't know what's going to happen."

....so Theo, what will it take to wrap him up for beyond this year?
Lovin' that quote!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I would be surprised if he isn't locked up for 4 years by the time the regular season starts. He has shown that while he isn't the best defensive catcher, he should be able to be acceptable behind the plate for at least 2 more years, and then move to 1B/DH.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Wow this kind of says, hey if they don't lock me up, I may have to go look for
another (job) team and I know there will only be a few, and they will not be willing to pay
be what I feel I should be paid....... So please, please sign me to a long term deal. :D
christ-praying.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
MaineMule said:

Don't worry Victor,

You'll be lowballed and then treated like trash by Sox fans after you sign elsewhere.

Signed,
Jason Bay

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
vwnut13 said:
MaineMule said:

Don't worry Victor,

You'll be lowballed and then treated like trash by Sox fans after you sign elsewhere.

Signed,
Jason Bay

Wow! What a surprise. VwnutI'm13 RedSox bashing again. Dude, let it go. We all know you hate the Red Sox, you have nothing to prove by posting your hatred in every Sox thread. You are actually acting like you are 13.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
vwnut13 said:
MaineMule said:

Don't worry Victor,

Signed,
Jason Bay

Wow! What a surprise. VwnutI'm13 RedSox bashing again. Dude, let it go. We all know you hate the Red Sox, you have nothing to prove by posting your hatred in every Sox thread. You are actually acting like you are 13.

I dunno, I'm not a Red Sox hater and I thought it was pretty hilarious! It wasn't just random blatant Sox hating, it was an excellent point.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
RL24 said:
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
vwnut13 said:
MaineMule said:

Don't worry Victor,

Signed,
Jason Bay

I dunno, I'm not a Red Sox hater and I thought it was pretty hilarious! It wasn't just random blatant Sox hating, it was an excellent point.

Was it really an excellent point? The sox offered him $15 million a year, which he turned down to test free agency. For a poor defensive outfielder that tailed off in production as the season went, that doesn't seem like a lowball offer. Then the sox offered a similar deal and the Mets, who were more desperate decided to offer him more. I don't think any Red Sox fans are mad at Bay about it. So basically, I think it was a terrible point that he made.

Members online

Latest posts