Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New (?) Card Revenue Stream

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
ar374.jpg

BYIlggCGkKGrHgoH-DkEjlLl0KttBKf5HLC.jpg

32529870101.jpg

Bl5YWOwBmkKGrHqUH-CcEtstDgh2BLdhZn4.jpg

I wonder why manufacturers don't include more cards like these.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I couldn't imagine corporations not wanting to, particularly thinking of the valuable audience who tends to purchase cards.

How difficult would it have been for the manufacturers to take out those ads? Wouldn't the cards have looked better without them? But these corporate logos still remain in the cards shown above and in a bunch of others.

I agree with Excel_b that I wouldn't want to buy that kind of crap all the time, its bad enough seeing all of it at the ballpark. But I don't think this practice would stay limited to just base cards...

cgilmo said:
are you suggesting that companies would pay for this form of advertising?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
uniquebaseballcards said:
I couldn't imagine corporations not wanting to, particularly thinking of the valuable audience who tends to purchase cards.

How difficult would it have been for the manufacturers to take out those ads? Wouldn't the cards have looked better without them? But these corporate logos still remain in the cards shown above and in a bunch of others.

I agree with Excel_b that I wouldn't want to buy that kind of crap all the time, its bad enough seeing all of it at the ballpark. But I don't think this practice would stay limited to just base cards...

cgilmo said:
are you suggesting that companies would pay for this form of advertising?

I think it would be limited to just base cards, as those are the ones with the mass production to get the add out, whereas a random patch auto /25 of someone wont rlly be seen.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I think the reason why companies spend alot of money on in stadium advertising is not only for television exposure but exposure such as this as well. While the card companies dont charge for this type of advertising the various companies, I am sure love it! I just dont think that going to a company and saying they are going to produce 2 million copies of a scrubs baseball card with their logo in the background would be worth the effort on the card companies part!

But to the OP..it appears you have a future in marketing!! Good going...thinking outside the box is what makes people succeed in marketing!!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
baseball1.jpg

ss0949.jpg

!BiP0Vn!!2k~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLN7),1qkw~~_35.jpg
!BeGknG!Bmk~$(KGrHqMOKi0Eq5FKQN1LBK72G81,gg~~_35.jpg

But revenue has been generated (directly or indirectly) from advertisements/sponsorships since the early days of card companies.

Card companies could airbrush all logos and solicit potential advertisers.

cgilmo said:
I don't think you would find very many takers at all.

There is no revenue to be made there for the baseball card companies.

Members online

Latest posts