Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would a 22 card auto set from 09 BDP be worth picking up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
koch1974 said:
Less than $7 per auto with 17-18 first round picks? I would think it's a safe play.

Yep, if you're looking at it from an investment side it seems like a pretty decent deal. Only about 5 of the guys would really have to make it for you to get your money back.

That said, if you're looking to invest, it's without doubt better to pick a player or a few players whom you believe in and the money into them rather than buying a set that also include players you don't care about.

koch1974

Aug 29, 2009
Somewhat agree with collecting the guys you want, but not as the investment strategy. How many sets have yielded big prospects that were unexpected? Braun was far from the most expensive gut when 05 Draft hit and now his card is double the next closest guy. I will bet that the top 5 guys today wont be the top 5 card values 3 years from now. It just never seems to work that way. It's also the most #1 picks to ever be in an auto set. Would def be cool to have. No question that the price is right either way.

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
koch1974 said:
Less than $7 per auto with 17-18 first round picks? I would think it's a safe play.

Yep, if you're looking at it from an investment side it seems like a pretty decent deal. Only about 5 of the guys would really have to make it for you to get your money back.

That said, if you're looking to invest, it's without doubt better to pick a player or a few players whom you believe in and the money into them rather than buying a set that also include players you don't care about.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
seeing a lot of good points but since I don't know enough about specific players I may go for the set

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah I'm not saying put your money into the most expensive guys, I'm saying to do some research to pick the guys whom you think have the best chance to succeed and buy into them. For example, I bought some cards of Randal Grichuk, seeing that he has big power and a good all-around bat, despite the fact that most other people were going after cards of Matzek, Mitchell, and other more expensive players.

I actually think that Mitchell is a terrible investment because he's expensive and I don't think he is going to hit nearly as well with wood. Just because a guy is one of the most expensive players from a set doesn't meant that he is the guy you should go after. Generally speaking, the opposite is much more rewarding if you know what you are doing.

koch1974 said:
Somewhat agree with collecting the guys you want, but not as the investment strategy. How many sets have yielded big prospects that were unexpected? Braun was far from the most expensive gut when 05 Draft hit and now his card is double the next closest guy. I will bet that the top 5 guys today wont be the top 5 card values 3 years from now. It just never seems to work that way. It's also the most #1 picks to ever be in an auto set. Would def be cool to have. No question that the price is right either way.

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
koch1974 said:

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
well just bought and paid for thanks for the opinions I opened 4 boxes of this best hit was a refractor auto so this is way cheaper :lol:

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Singles are the way to go vs Wax. Just think,

3 boxes of chrome = 4 autos maybe?

You just got the complete auto set for less.

Members online

Latest posts