Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Elite Extra Edition on eBay - listings slowing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
It's problematic for me. A lower end guy is very hard to get high-end Elite parallel autos listed since people would rather keep a card /50, /25, /5 rather than have them sell for $5, $10, $20 or whatever!

So, I have the $$$ but no cards to bid on...sigh....just some random base and /100 listed...eh...the wait continues....

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
The prices have also come down, which is nice. If you don't get screwed on shipping, you can get around the same prices by ordering more than one card.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I've picked up 10/12 of Ryan Jackson, and 8/9 of Kyle Bellamy. Missing the black status of both and the gold status auto of Jackson. I barely even look at my search for them anymore. Might have overpaid a bit on most but since they are so low end i couldn't have gotten them for much cheaper anyways.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
What I have found is that I first pulled a red auto of a guy, so I bought a few for
really cheap then the price went up and I even paid 6 for one. But now the price as gone
to prices I think are just silly between 8.88 and 49.99 BIN's and so have offers but they don't even take
average closing price for them :eek: Yes 49.99 is what someone is asking ::facepalm::

Also some of the blues I have been getting where in the .99 to 6.99(only1) range and now
those have gone up as well.
I offered some one for a blue auto he had at actaully 3.99, I said 2.50 and he declined and
did not even counter :lol: I thought my offer was fair since that was the going rate at the time anyway.
and seems to be only a little high as of tonight. :lol:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
The prices have also come down, which is nice. If you don't get screwed on shipping, you can get around the same prices by ordering more than one card.

Prices haven't come down on the guys I have been buying.

On the Chapmans, Tates and Ackleys yes but not on many of the mid-range guys.

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
I know the prices I have been bidding on a few players has upticked as of late

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
ljw29 said:

This. The few I were picking up have been going up as well - as was mentioned, seems like less quantity with at least the same amount of bidders.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Buynhisellnlow said:
ljw29 said:

This. The few I were picking up have been going up as well - as was mentioned, seems like less quantity with at least the same amount of bidders.

Yeah, sometimes it seems that prices drop at this point as bidders get uninterested and it is no longer "the new thing" but it seems like with at least the "investable" players in 2009 Elite bidders have stayed interested.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Prices of the guys I've been looking at have been rising lately too...hence I haven't bought many.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
quite a few of guys that are borderline at best selling WAY too high. Everett Williams (while a great talent, a Donovan Tate lite) is selling in upwards of 8-10 a piece

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
brianga26 said:
quite a few of guys that are borderline at best selling WAY too high. Everett Williams (while a great talent, a Donovan Tate lite) is selling in upwards of 8-10 a piece

Everett has a ton of tools...that's probably why.

I think its interesting how the environment has changed these days, we are now calling $8-$10 a piece waaaaay to high. I'm not saying it isn't but just an observation.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Oh trust me I agree on Everett. I like him. He is a helluva an athlete. However, there is a certain dollar amount I am willing to pay on a raw player like him. As for others, I am surprised Andrew Oliver is so cheap. He is a potential #2 starter in Tigers organization (yes I know Porcello is there) but I am stealing his stuff

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
brianga26 said:
Oh trust me I agree on Everett. I like him. He is a helluva an athlete. However, there is a certain dollar amount I am willing to pay on a raw player like him. As for others, I am surprised Andrew Oliver is so cheap. He is a potential #2 starter in Tigers organization (yes I know Porcello is there) but I am stealing his stuff

For a buck an auto...it is hard to go wrong.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I know. I have picked up on a few others at shows and stuff and I am impressed. However, I am sitting on a boat load of 07 and 08 stuff that may or may not ever take off (see Eric Eiland as a reference). GRRR :evil:

Exposfan

Mar 16, 2009
Hartland, WI
I know a few of the guys I have been buying cheap I have stopped buying for 2 reasons.

First was getting tired of buying the card for $1.00, then paying $3.00+ shipping per.

Secondly, I think I have enough base of each, now looking for some of the lower numbered parallels. There are still alot of Low numbered Autos that have yet to be pulled I think.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Not sure how to feel about the comments in this thread. I'm not really prospecting this product (or haven't yet). I've just been trying to move my 3 cases. I still have quite a bit up and I'll be letting the rest of the base autos ride for 5 days tonight. I've already got the non-auto'd blue, red, gold up ending sunday as well as the TOTC autos. Should be interesting to see how things go since I let the marketplace simmer down a bit before unloading my stuff. Tough to say if it was a good plan or not. In one respect the marketplace isn't as flooded, but in the other, prices do tend to decline some after release. Hopefully buyers will like the opportunity to pick up bulk one more time and bid some stuff up...so far though, doesn't look promising.

Members online

Latest posts