Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which mega hyped prospect "bust" VETERAN will have great yr?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Couldnt fit it all in the subject so here goes.

Which current VETERAN "bust" who was once a mega MEGA hyped prospect will finally have their break out season in 2010?

Im using the term "bust" to signify anyone from Delmon to Gordon. In other words, Delmon as put up ok numbers but no where close to what he was supposed to and Gordon has done nothing (yes I know "officially" they arent busts yet).

Just keep it to a minimum of two years in the MLB ( so someone like F Mart doesnt count).

Ill go with Delmon thinking his power numbers will show up this year.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Metz1405 said:
I think jeremy hernedia can have a Breakout year

LOL, how many years in a row have we all been saying that about Hermedia?? I hope you're right but my faith is diminishing - I may just be jaded.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
Agreed with others that have said, my pick would be Delmon Young - he's put up OK numbers and shown flashes that he can put up much better.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Buynhisellnlow said:
Agreed with others that have said, my pick would be Delmon Young - he's put up OK numbers and shown flashes that he can put up much better.

He seems to come together when he has extended playing time. Now that he will be the Twins starting LF for the season, I can see him getting comfertable fast and put up good numbers. Finally start hitting better then .285 and getting some of those power numbers up. He's still young, so the future is bright for Delmon.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
wolfmanalfredo said:
Buynhisellnlow said:

He seems to come together when he has extended playing time. Now that he will be the Twins starting LF for the season, I can see him getting comfertable fast and put up good numbers. Finally start hitting better then .285 and getting some of those power numbers up. He's still young, so the future is bright for Delmon.

I hope this becomes reality. That and he smiles more this year. Last year was tough in many respects for Delmon (losing his mom and not having the proper amount of time to cope with her death literally ruined his year).

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
blanning71 said:
Doesnt anyone ever get tired of these threads? Who knows? The season hasnt even started yet!

It's 011873, What do you expect out of him? He has to make three threads a day no matter what its about.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
blanning71 said:
Doesnt anyone ever get tired of these threads? Who knows? The season hasnt even started yet!

I like threads of this nature - I enjoy the discussion that accompanies them. For me, that is just one of the many things that makes this site superior to a site like SCF.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
How about David Wright? He wasn't a mega-hyped prospect per se but he sucked big time last year. Even Delmon Young had a better year then he did I think. I still wonder why his cards get the money that they do.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I'm not expecting much but hopefully JR Towels can have a solid year and establish himself as a major leaguer. He is a ~.300 hitter in the minors but terrible in the bigs. Maybe he can learn to use the whole field.

I'm not holding my breath.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts