Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Keith Olbermann opens a pack of 1967 Topps live on his show

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaiDog

Aug 14, 2008
vwnut13 said:
You mean he took a break from attacking Fox?

Show me a video or you are lying!

:lol:

Yup. He took a moment to shamelessly plug 2010 Topps also by busting a pack of that too. He flipped through a couple of cards before he went straight to the 67 pack. Doesn't msnbc stream is show again on their website?

HaiDog

Aug 14, 2008
HaiDog said:
vwnut13 said:

Yup. He took a moment to shamelessly plug 2010 Topps also by busting a pack of that too. He flipped through a couple of cards before he went straight to the 67 pack. Doesn't msnbc stream is show again on their website?

Or you could watch the recast of tonight's show. He did it around the 40-45 min mark of his show.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Kinda funny and sad how they are promoting this whole MLB exclusive deal.

They've got Ripken shilling this whole thing too, and he didn't have clue 1 what he was talking about.

Funnier still that he just signed a butt-ton of on-card autos for UD.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
vwnut13 said:

No kidding. I'm surprised he was able to squeeze a pack of baseball cards into The Anti Fox Show.

If anything, this would only detract adults form buying baseball cards since it's something that Overbite likes.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
masonphillip said:
Keith will do anything to get ratings these days.

Odd criticism. If someone offered me money to pimp baseball cards, I would take the money.

Odd advertisement. Would it surprise you if Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews broke out some cards on their show? It certainly would surprise me, these shows are news/political shows and most of their ads follow as such. The radio, not as surprising, lots of random stuff on there.

Plus, Keith's ratings do happen to be in the tank, so I'm skeptical of moves like this.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Yup. Far more entertaining and informative than the liars and thieves over on Faux News.

notjomommasclint said:
people actually watch his piss poor attempt of a television show?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
masonphillip said:
Therion said:
masonphillip said:

Odd criticism. If someone offered me money to pimp baseball cards, I would take the money.

Odd advertisement. Would it surprise you if Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow or Chris Matthews broke out some cards on their show? It certainly would surprise me, these shows are news/political shows and most of their ads follow as such. The radio, not as surprising, lots of random stuff on there.

Plus, Keith's ratings do happen to be in the tank, so I'm skeptical of moves like this.

Except that he's a famous collector of baseball cards. Doesn't seem off to me. I don't really know about his ratings, as I find his show just as boring as the other guys you mentioned above. I collect baseball cards and would gladly take money to mention it at work (though it would be slightly stranger in my case than his)

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Therion said:
masonphillip said:
Therion said:
masonphillip said:

Except that he's a famous collector of baseball cards. Doesn't seem off to me. I don't really know about his ratings, as I find his show just as boring as the other guys you mentioned above. I collect baseball cards and would gladly take money to mention it at work (though it would be slightly stranger in my case than his)

I don't watch his show regularly but I've not heard baseball cards ever mentioned. In fact, I think many of his normal viewers wouldn't even know that.

Still seems out of place to me but oh well, doesn't really matter either.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
masonphillip said:
Therion said:
masonphillip said:
Therion said:
masonphillip said:

I don't watch his show regularly but I've not heard baseball cards ever mentioned. In fact, I think many of his normal viewers wouldn't even know that.

Still seems out of place to me but oh well, doesn't really matter either.

I am pretty sure Keith initiated the Alex Gordon and Mantle/Bush/Jeter wildfire but I could be wrong. I don't watch his show but know enough to be able to say he talks about baseball cards enough for people to no longer be stunned by it.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
vwnut13 said:

or removing his lips from kissing Obama's rear end! ;)

If it was Monday's show, I must have been half asleep this morning watching the podcast because I don't remember that moment. I'm going to have to assume Tuesday's show that will be downloaded overnight and I can watch tomorrow.

I love Oddball and sometimes the comments, but I usually skip over the Obama kissing/dem loving segments that usually make up items #2, #3, #4, and #5 on the countdown ;)

Members online

Latest posts