Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

==========The Morning Thread==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Morning Everyone, GREAT night for USA in the Olympics last night...

Whats on todays agenda?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Good morning.

Picked up a rarity for my Kile collection last night. 10,000 made but I've only seen this one. Details when it arrives :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
So I've been looking at cards that I can pick up for a couple bucks here and there to keep me busy until I get more money, and I am really liking the 91-92 Elite series. I would have been jumping for joy as a kid if I had opened a pack and landed the Ricky Henderson or Brett, or Gwynn etc...

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
Good Morning all! What a beautiful Thursday morning here in Whaler Country.

BIG meeting at 2:30 that I might have OVER-prepared for and might be over-thinking, but oh well, nothing I can do now.....

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Morning Gents!!! Dan, Dave(77), Charlie, Adam, George, Therion, Keith, Roger and Tom :mrgreen: :cool: Its almost Friday for you all!!! If it makes you feel any better it is my "Monday" today ;)

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
MojoDan said:
So I've been looking at cards that I can pick up for a couple bucks here and there to keep me busy until I get more money, and I am really liking the 91-92 Elite series. I would have been jumping for joy as a kid if I had opened a pack and landed the Ricky Henderson or Brett, or Gwynn etc...
Those are really nice looking cards. Some of the 1991's still garner serious bidding. That's all I've been doing lately too, just picking up stuff for under $10, and mostly $5 or less. There are a few things I have incoming at those prices that I'm stoked about.

Good morning Adam, George, Doug, Alex!!

chowell3fan

Jan 27, 2010
Whaler Country
chashawk said:
MojoDan said:
Those are really nice looking cards. Some of the 1991's still garner serious bidding. That's all I've been doing lately too, just picking up stuff for under $10, and mostly $5 or less. There are a few things I have incoming at those prices that I'm stoked about.

Good morning Adam, George, Doug, Alex!!

I gotta agree Charlie, those Elites were nice, I like your thought Dan. There was a great thread yesterday about 'cards of our heyday" that really got me thinking about when it was just 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 of cardboard, no jerseys, no autos, no patches....etc.... I kind of miss the good old days like in 77 when I pulled my first Gary Carter and Willie McCovey in the same pack. Or in 76 when I pulled a Yaz and my brother begged me for hours to trade it to him (i did, and he, not a collector at all, still has it) Or in 81, seeing those little hats on the bottom corner of the card and buying pack after pack looking for a Tim Raines RC. AHHHH the good old days....

Members online

Latest posts