Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A seller trying to trick buyers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
jdacunha said:
Not a bad BIN if it was the actual card, not the redemption. He shows the actual card and does not mention it as a redemption in the title...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jesus-Montero-2008- ... 51909eab52

Totally being tricky, he doesnt mention its a redemption anywhere...............except here.

CARD: 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft X-Fractor Autographed Jesus Montero Prospect REDEMPTION Card

CARD #: REDEMPTION

SERIEL #: /225

AUTO: Blue Ink On-Card

CONDITION: REDEMPTION CARD

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
It says Redemption 3 different times in the description.

So how about one day without a Montero thread?

Shep

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
phillyfan0417 said:
jdacunha said:
Not a bad BIN if it was the actual card, not the redemption. He shows the actual card and does not mention it as a redemption in the title...

Totally being tricky, he doesnt mention its a redemption anywhere...............except here.

CARD: 2008 Bowman Chrome Draft X-Fractor Autographed Jesus Montero Prospect REDEMPTION Card

No mention of REDEMPTION in the title...I got slammed for showing an orange porcello refractor in a lot of chromes...what's the difference?

It's a BIN...he is trying to get someone to hit BIN before reading the description because the card looks legit.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
jdacunha said:
phillyfan0417 said:
jdacunha said:

No mention of REDEMPTION in the title...I got slammed for showing an orange porcello refractor in a lot of chromes...what's the difference?

It's a BIN...he is trying to get someone to hit BIN before reading the description because the card looks legit.

thats because the porcellos orange had nothing to do with the auction. they werent getting a porcello orange and it was deceitful. they are getting a remdption for the montero which can be turned into the picture scanned in the auction....

A_Pharis

jdacunha said:
phillyfan0417 said:
jdacunha said:

Woah. Bad comparison.
You featured an orange refractor in a lot of chromes that didn't CONTAIN an orange refractor, correct? The guy is showing the card that come as the result of a redemption. What should he have done, scanned the redemption?

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
I dont see it as a big deal.
The seller prob used the photo because its a nicer photo over the redemption card.
Also it states Redemption a few times..so if the buyer doesnt read the auction..its their fault.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
phillyfan0417 said:

Though I'm a little tired of the freaking Montero threads from jdacunha...

I have to agree it's a little "tricky."
The picture is not what the buyer will receive and there's not even a bother to mention "redemption" in the title.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
It's not a bad buy (with BING) if it was the actual card...is he trying to get someone to hit the BIN quickly since it was just listed.

rico08 said:
phillyfan0417 said:

Though I'm a little tired of the freaking Montero threads from jdacunha...

The picture is not what the buyer will receive and there's not even a bother to mention "redemption" in the title.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Could it have been better, yea. But its really not that bad as he mentions redemption 3 times in the description. It isn't even comparable to you using the orange refractor porcello. That was a card there was 0 chance of the person buying the item actually getting that. The person that buys this listing will get a Montero xfractor auto.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
rico08 said:

As a person who doesn't sell on ebay, I would have to agree with this logical statement of truth. The picture is not what the buyer will receive, that's the real problem with the auction.

You could use both pictures, one of the actual card and one of the redemption card, and explain in the auction that you are receiving the redemption card only and will have to redeem it to receive the other card pictured. But not if your goal is to deceive people...

Members online