Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to Florida to catch a couple ST games.... advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
I'll be checking out a Mets vs. Twins game in St. Lucie on March 19th and hopefully another game or two on the 20th and 21st in the Tampa area (Phillies, Blue Jays, Yankees among others are my options).

So when is the best time to get autos? Before they get to the ballpark? Is there even BP for these exhibition games? I've never been to any sort of Spring Training either workouts or games, so I'm excited.

I'm bringing a few OMLB's and hoping that I get lucky enough to get Mauer or some other stars when I go. Just curious to hear what you guys think the best strategy is for autograph hunting for these games.

tooly22

Feb 14, 2009
New Hampshire
Typically only the home team takes BP as most teams especially on the west coast of Florida are so close to one another that they hit before they get to the stadium or dont hit at all. I have gone on and off for the past 15 years and have found that there really isnt a time better than others. If the team has their minor league/training facility in the same location as the park (Twins, Rays, etc) then you can typically have a good chance at getting autographs while the major leaguers are running out to or running in from the practice fields. As far as once the game starts, most open 2 hours or so before the start of the game and depending on the stadium you can get the visiting team as they arrive either off the bus (Red Sox spring training has good access to visiting teams) or as they warm up on the field. After the game is a crap shoot.

Last bit of advice is avoid the Yankees and Red Sox, they draw the most fans, which means the least amount of autograph chances.

Hope this helps.

reyes7castillo1 said:
I'll be checking out a Mets vs. Twins game in St. Lucie on March 19th and hopefully another game or two on the 20th and 21st in the Tampa area (Phillies, Blue Jays, Yankees among others are my options).

So when is the best time to get autos? Before they get to the ballpark? Is there even BP for these exhibition games? I've never been to any sort of Spring Training either workouts or games, so I'm excited.

I'm bringing a few OMLB's and hoping that I get lucky enough to get Mauer or some other stars when I go. Just curious to hear what you guys think the best strategy is for autograph hunting for these games.

Pool Boy

Dec 20, 2008
Greetings,

Just an FYI, there is virtually no chance that MVP Joe Mauer makes the bus trip to Port St. Lucie. Veterans and star players rarely make the bus rides that are 1+ hour. Expect Nick Punto, the days SP, and a cadre of minor leaguers (great for prospectors)...

Members online

Latest posts