Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm back baby! Band of Brothers autograph!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
So I'm looking for hockey product for my buddy as I've all but given up on baseball products from Newbury Comics. There was no decent hockey so I picked up 3 packs of 2010 topps jumbo and 3 packs of "America At War: Band of Brothers Series 1" becuase it promoted sketch cards and instant win cards (where you could get WW2 items). Last pack of the america at war I pull a Earl McClung autograph!

Heres an example of what it looks like:

awmcclung.jpg

Woohoo, crazy retail luck!

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
Re: I'm back baby! Band of Brothers autograph pull!!

Would you be referring to Band of Brothers the greatest mini series in TV history?
Awesome pull!

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley

kdailey4315 said:
Would you be referring to Band of Brothers the greatest mini series in TV history?
Awesome pull!

No, as in the acutal band of brothers from the actual war.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

Rudzud said:
kdailey4315 said:
Awesome pull!

Damn. That's a million times better.
That's just a crazy pull.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley

Yeah, its crazy man. Autos/Sketches/redemption cards are all supposed random inserts. I cant find any info on this stuff

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
timfsu2k said:
That looks like a great set! I've wanted to pick some up but haven't seen any packs anywhere. Here's some info on the set:

http://tradercracks.blogspot.com/2009/09/real-band-of-brothers-celebrated-in.html

Nice pull on the auto BTW.

Thanks. These three packs had been at the store for a month now. As for that info..I dunno. It says there were 2000 total autographs signed and they fall one per box. That would mean only 2000 boxes of this stuff was produced, wouldnt it? I dont believe that.

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
That's the way I took it. Each box was supposed to have one complete set meaning 2000 sets also. It does say "limited release" but who knows what that means.

AKT74

Sep 8, 2009
Great card, I've met Richard (Dick) Winters a number of times. I live about 10 miles from him, and he used to go to a lot of charity events inour area. Real nice guy.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Congrats, Rud!!!

One of my favorite books of all time!!! Haven't seen the series yet....

I would LOVE a Winters auto. He is a true AMERICAN HERO!!!!

timfsu2k

Jul 8, 2009
Kentucky
I wrote to Mr. Winters about a year ago requesting an autograph and got a nice letter back from his family. They wrote that they appreciated my interest as well as my kind letter but unfortunately Mr. Winters was not able to sign autographs anymore due to health issues. They also wrote that, regarding my calling Mr. Winters a hero, he did not consider himself a hero but all the soldiers who never came back were the true heroes. I've found this idea to be pretty much universal among WWII veterans.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
timfsu2k said:
I wrote to Mr. Winters about a year ago requesting an autograph and got a nice letter back from his family. They wrote that they appreciated my interest as well as my kind letter but unfortunately Mr. Winters was not able to sign autographs anymore due to health issues. They also wrote that, regarding my calling Mr. Winters a hero, he did not consider himself a hero but all the soldiers who never came back were the true heroes. I've found this idea to be pretty much universal among WWII veterans.

That's great, and sad all at the same time. My Grandfather was one of the first hard hat divers in the Navy before and during the war. He always said the same thing and that's all he would ever say about the war. Those who didn't come home were the true heroes.

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado

Rudzud said:
kdailey4315 said:
Awesome pull!

................Wow thats absolutely sweet...Love the idea of getting actual auto's from war veterans..Man that really is nice..Bigtime congrats!!

d

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
That is fantastic, Rud!

If you ever get a duplicate auto from that set, let me know as I would love to have a shot at it (Trade/Purchase). :)