Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just traded my domain name to Topps for.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i just finalized a trade with Topps Legal.

i traded my domain www.topps500homerunclub.com for a box of 2009 Topps Tribute.

the trade worked for me because i decided weeks ago to let the website die, too much work
and too small size restrictions.

Now, do i open the box or sell it?

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Not to sound like a greed-ball or anything, but a box of cards for the domain name is weak.

They should have offered you $$$, just like anyone else in life that wants to buy an owned domain. I'm sure the value of that domain is worth more than the $300.

Just my thoughts. Flame away!

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
My thoughts exactly. But maybe they're sending him a magically good box :D

NECpilgrims8 said:
Not to sound like a greed-ball or anything, but a box of cards for the domain name is weak.

They should have offered you $$$, just like anyone else in life that wants to buy an owned domain. I'm sure the value of that domain is worth more than the $300.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
i would open, worst case you traded something you didn't want for some cards (you are guaranteed something in that box), best case? ...could make a even better story...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
NECpilgrims8 said:

i hear ya, but im happy with the way it went down.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
ThoseBackPages said:
NECpilgrims8 said:

i hear ya, but im happy with the way it went down.

If you're happy, then OK.

Personally, I would negotiate real world prices for the domain.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
the box is a very generous offer for that domain

a VERY generous offer

Especially when you consider that topps would have simply been able to shut him down should he of decided to not comply and take the box.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I hope the box has something good. As long as you are content with the deal that is all that matters. However, I'm surprised they didn't offer more consiidering their inventory.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
cgilmo said:
my theory on domains

if you aren't gonna use it, let someone else take a crack at it.

Seriously, I am talking to YOU sportscards.com

gurrrr

I can agree with that but to a certain degree. If the OP had plans to build on the domain it's different than buying a domain and holding it ransom. I'm just basing what I said in regards to my thinking that Topps should at least match the revenue for the first year of the site on their offer. Sure Topps could've bullied the OP but in this generation the press would've been all over the situation.

Members online