Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whose Superfractor Would Fetch More?

Whose Superfractor Fetches More?

• 2010 Bowman Chrome Autograph Stephen Strasburg

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Strasburg vs. Harper.

Both have tremendous hype behind them, but Harper has more. Especially with his SI cover.

However, Strasburg is easily more polished at his craft and is much closer to the majors.

Both have a LOT to live up to.

So, assuming both will have Autographed Bowman Chrome cards this year, whose Superfractor would fetch more in your opinion?

Vote!

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i went with strasburg...even with the hype, most casual fans still don't have a clue who harper is.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Chicks dig the long ball. Is there ever even going to be ANY pitcher that will surpass the Supers of guys like Braun, Longoria or Heyward? Harper may, b/c hitters are that much more desireable.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Halonut said:
i went with strasburg...even with the hype, most casual fans still don't have a clue who harper is.

How many casual fans read SI, were intrigued with the words "Baseball's LeBron" adorning the cover and wanted to know more about him, though?

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
Chicks dig the long ball. Is there ever even going to be ANY pitcher that will surpass the Supers of guys like Braun, Longoria or Heyward? Harper may, b/c hitters are that much more desireable.

Lincecum would be right up there with those, and sell a lot higher than Heyward right now.

(I said it before DaRocker, but I actually believe it too.)

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Halonut said:

How many casual fans read SI, were intrigued with the words "Baseball's LeBron" adorning the cover and wanted to know more about him, though?

How many casual fans know who Strasburg is right now?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
hive17 said:

Lincecum would be right up there with those, and sell a lot higher than Heyward right now.

(I said it before DaRocker, but I actually believe it too.)

Right, but i think the context of the question was upon release, not "EVER." Lincecum has 2 Cy Youngs to add to the hype.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I went with Harper. Strasburg is so close to the Majors that the luster will fade very soon. Everyone knows that once the player hits the Bigs, their stuff evens out. Harper is younger and further away from the Show, so he still has speculation on his side.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
Jaypers said:
Strasburg vs. Harper.

Both have tremendous hype behind them, but Harper has more. Especially with his SI cover.

However, Strasburg is easily more polished at his craft and is much closer to the majors.

Both have a LOT to live up to.

So, assuming both will have Autographed Bowman Chrome cards this year, whose Superfractor would fetch more in your opinion?

Vote!
I agree with your Strasburg asessment, Harper is still probably about 3 years away from the majors.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
Halonut said:

My parents do, I know that much. They are casual fans of the game, don't understand cards, but have heard him mentioned on both the radio and TV on several occasions. And we live in the Midwest.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
beefycheddar said:
Jaypers said:
Halonut said:

My parents do, I know that much. They are casual fans of the game, don't understand cards, but have heard him mentioned on both the radio and TV on several occasions. And we live in the Midwest.

My mom watches ESPN, NESN and every Red Sox game as well as Cape League games, and I know she would have no clue who he was.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
I know plenty of people that know Strasburg that don't even know of Harper's existence. Most people don't care about people that haven't been drafted yet. I personally would pay more for Harper.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Halonut said:
This, and has been struggling a bit right now. My friend has played with him and watched him a lot. Apparently he can't hit the breaking ball very well...yet.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A few days ago....

[youtube:74mvkdrl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6VlsxHEYM8[/youtube:74mvkdrl]

Members online

Latest posts