Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gracecollector I have a question for you.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
I saw that you rsponded to my last post and it reminded me of something.
A few years ago my brother and I bid on and won the contents of an unpaid storage shed.
To make a long story short we both cleaned up on the contents and kept a few items for our own collections.
A couple of items that I kept appeared to be Iowa Cubs minor league team sets, both sets being autographed.
I'm guessing the person who abandoned the storage area had something to do with the Iowa Cubs as there was a lot of Iowa Cubs collectibles.
Here's a scan of one of a couple of the cards......

scan0005-1.jpg

scan0006-1.jpg

I remember taking out these 2 key cards and left the others in 9 card pages.
I have those somewhere around here but have to dig them out of hiding. LOL
The autos appear to be legit and not autopenned or anything like that but I thought I'd get some other opinions.
If they're real they're pretty cool.
What do you think?
David

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
The Grace looks good to me. It's on his 1988 Pro Cards Iowa AAA Minor League card, his last stop in the minors (he only played 21 games with them before being called up). The auto is consistent with his thick sharpie signatures, usual size on a card, and the letters look good. It's in his earlier style autograph, which he signed that way prior to late 1992, early 1993. Here's some examples of that style:

homerunball.jpg

toppscontract.jpg

Later, his sig became simpler and would change to this:

mark_thanks.jpg

Not an expert on Palmeiro. Don't even think I have his auto anywhere.

Members online