Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 07 Bowman Chrome Super Jason Heyward is back...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
Do you take first born children with a personal guarantee that they will grow up to be a superstar athlete and you can glom off of them in your waning years while you retire to Florida, wear shorts and socks up to your knees with sandals, play horrible golf but who cares, and your neighbor is the cranky ole fart who cuts his grass with scissors and smells like moth balls?

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
It closed for $1500 last time, what makes you think it'll magically get $2000?

I would be interested for $1500, possibly

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
NYCrulesU said:
I'm curious how or why the buyer "blew it".

He thinks that the price it sold for was a steal or good deal. So by the buyer not paying for it, the buyer "blew it". This card is so far out of my price range that I don't really know what would be a good deal on it

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
NYCrulesU said:
Because the seller knew he left money on the table, then all of a sudden waiting 7-8 days was unacceptable.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
nyc3 said:
NYCrulesU said:
Because the seller knew he left money on the table, then all of a sudden waiting 7-8 days was blowing it.

I see. Thanks. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. This is the card that was being referenced n the other thread about the seller wanting to pay in 8 days. With that now being known I change my feelings towards that other thread. I figured it was a $20-$100 sale being talked about and I would have told the buyer to go scratch. However, for $1500+? I would wait the 8 days and gladly collect my money.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
From the way I read it, the guy bought it and then told the seller that he would pay in 8 days. Now I don't know when the email was sent but I can understand the seller wanting to go ahead and get paid for the card. I know ebay has a 7 day grace period but rules are rules. Perhaps the verbage in the email rubbed the seller wrong. I am speculating but I would guess the guy was kinda forceful in his tone in the email and pissed off the seller.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
blanning71 said:
From the way I read it, the guy bought it and then told the seller that he would pay in 8 days. Now I don't know when the email was sent but I can understand the seller wanting to go ahead and get paid for the card. I know ebay has a 7 day grace period but rules are rules. Perhaps the verbage in the email rubbed the seller wrong. I am speculating but I would guess the guy was kinda forceful in his tone in the email and pissed off the seller.

I agree somewhat, but to come here asking for $500 more kind of seals the reasoning for me. He wants it to go to a fcb member so badly he turned down the offers to match it which he was offered in the other topic.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
blanning71 said:

I agree with everything said here. It also probably didn't hurt that the "sale" thread about this card listed about 20 people who thought it should sell for more than $1500. Note, I am NOT saying the seller is doing anything wrong, not one bit. As the buyer of a card like this, you better have the $$$$ ready to roll.

Skrip

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
My problem with the buyer is he offered the seller 1,500 for the card knowing he wouldnt have the money for 8+ days.

And my problem with the seller is he accepted the 1,500 offer and now wants 2,000 for it.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
nyc3 said:
blanning71 said:

I agree somewhat, but to come here asking for $500 more kind of seals the reasoning for me. He wants it to go to a fcb member so badly he turned down the offers to match it which he was offered in the other topic.

Bottom line, its his card and he can do with it as he pleases. I know I know, morals morals morals, ethics ethics ethics. Who knows what he'll take for the card?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
ballerskrip said:
Note, I am NOT saying the seller is doing anything wrong, not one bit. As the buyer of a card like this, you better have the $$$$ ready to roll.

Skrip

+1 His card his rules, but dont tell us you prefer something when its been offered.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
blanning71 said:

I agree. For $100 or less I would be pissed too and tell the buyer to get lost. For $1500+ I would be a little more tolerable. In this economy I would just be happy someone not named Wossa is dropping that kind of cheese in my pocket.

And I have to agree with nyc3 to a degree. It's fairly clear that the seller wants $2k+ and didn't want to sell it for $1500 no matter what. I really don't care either way, doesn't affect me regardless. Just calling it like it's showing itself.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I think it all comes down to this as was stated earlier. If the buyer had contacted the seller and asked about payment arrangements BEFORE the auction ended, we would probably have two less threads on these boards right now. Well........maybe one from a prospector announcing that the Super had been sold and then a 59 page discussion about whether it went high or low. However, that evidently didn't take place and now we are here hashing out whether the OP should take the original 1500 and why he's wanting around 2k for it.

I have had cards on here that people gladly offered me more for than for the offers I had on ebay just because they knew it was me, knew that they were getting a sweet card, and they knew that my card had previously sold for less but the bidder didn't pay so I had to relist.

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
blanning71 said:
I think it all comes down to this as was stated earlier. If the buyer had contacted the seller and asked about payment arrangements BEFORE the auction ended, we would probably have two less threads on these boards right now. Well........maybe one from a prospector announcing that the Super had been sold and then a 59 page discussion about whether it went high or low. However, that evidently didn't take place and now we are here hashing out whether the OP should take the original 1500 and why he's wanting around 2k for it.

I have had cards on here that people gladly offered me more for than for the offers I had on ebay just because they knew it was me, knew that they were getting a sweet card, and they knew that my card had previously sold for less but the bidder didn't pay so I had to relist.

If we were talking about a NPB here I would totally be in the sellers corner, regardless if he re-adjusted his asking price. That's his prerogotive, to ask what he wants. But this isn't the case. The buyer isn't being given the chance to pay. If I were the buyer I would do what I had to do to pay for the card within 7 days. And is the seller still refused to sell it I would file a claim. He listed the card, he sold the card and the buyer (none of us know his tone) is wanting an additional few days to clear some space on his credit card. Not a totally unreasonable request when dealing with that sum of money. He clearly has the money but probably was waiting for a CC payment to go through to open up his limit etc. Also, had the seller accepted any of the offers received that matched the final sale priceI would be in his corner then as well. I just don't recall seeing any offers of $2000 coming in, What I saw was the seller saying "now I want $2000 or more". And this is clearly based off of advice he has received from others.

Bottom line is that had this scenerio occured with a less respected member they would be flamed to death over it. Ironically, this member seems to be getting a pass. I don't know him and have nothing against him at all but it just seems a little off.

Members online

Latest posts