Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Cornerstone PC Card...a few maildays with scans...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Hey guys and gals!!! Just wanted to share my most recent cards I got in via trades and a casebreak. I'll try to keep the suspense on the last card (cornerstone card) for my own pleasure :oops: :lol: I apologize for the large scans...I forgot to choose medium size when scanning them in :oops:

I'll start off with a cool contest win from Charlie aka Chashawk...thanks again dude!!!

dawson.jpg

Got a nice WBC redemption code from a pretty cool friend Ryan (yanksfan4eva)...thanks again dude!!! This is what Topps sent out for that:

scan0001.jpg

Picked these up from the card shop via trade...pretty much gave them all my misc base and parallels plus a few "junk" autos and gu:

rrrr17.jpg
aa2.jpg

aa4.jpg
wfw8.jpg
aa3.jpg

aa5.jpg

Got these ones in from another trade...thanks again Chris!!! Whats funny is the Griffey used to be mine and Chris aquired a card that used to be his :lol:

x1.jpg

x2.jpg
x3.jpg

Can't remember if I showed these patches via trades...thanks again all, you know who you are ;)

kjh2.jpg
ar2.jpg
kjh1.jpg

coo1.jpg
coo2.jpg
patches2.jpg

And without further ado...the largest trade of my life was for the following card. I will first start off with a HUGE thank you to Phil aka King_Felix_4_CY. He was above and beyond on the generousity, the communication has been beyond amazing and the daily banter we both have given each other to get to know one another is something I look forward to each day now.

Included in the package was a card with a fun note stating to destruct the card in any fun way possible. For those that may not know, this is the guy that gave Felix 2nd place for the 2009 CY award:

rrrr1.jpg

Included as a freebie was this much needed card:

rrrr15.jpg

And here is the new cornerstone of my PC...without further ado:

2004 Bowman Chrome Felix Hernandez Gold Refractor Auto :cool:
rrrr13-1.jpgrrrr14-1.jpg

...and if the above was not enough Phil also snuck this bad boy in as another freebie. I didn't notice the serial numbering until AFTER I scanned it is as he put a piece of masking tape over it on the case it was in :mrgreen:

rrrr16.jpg

Thanks again Phil...knowing you and working the trade of my life has been both an amazing experience and an all around great time!!! Your package is on its way as of tomorrow ;)

Thanks to everyone listed and not listed above as well...its been quite a joy continuously building up the PC!!!

I appreciate the look too...comments ALWAYS appreciated!!!

Alex

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
even though I have already seen all of those patches Alex I am still giving you one of these

:eek: :shock: :eek: :shock:

congrats once again on getting the Gold Chrome Refractor I know you have wanted that card for a long time and the best part is that you and Phil have become friends.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks for the comments guys...you REALLY help me enjoy it that much better :cool:

reyes7castillo1 - I will wait until Phil releases that info ;) I can say that it is for equally as cool stuff though :mrgreen:

uniquebaseballcards - I wish on the Rollie. It is actually /25 :)

Dave - Thanks dude...that seriously means a lot to see you drop your jaw ;) It will be my turn once a certain #200 arrives ;)

chisox2008

Aug 10, 2008
Chicago
Awesome stuff as always Alex! That Griffey sure does look familiar :lol: Look for a mailday post from me w/ my new stuff from you!

-Chris

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Thanks again guys!!!

Chris - Not sure about grading yet. My base and regular refractor autos are all raw as well and am still looking to pickup the xfractor for the auto'd rainbow :)

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Alex, some pretty awesome wheeling and dealing you have been doing! Not to mention an awesome cornerstone for you King P collection!

Members online

Latest posts