Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

E-Bay communication. The good, the bad, and the ugly...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
With seemingly more e-bay issues being displayed here than ever, I thought I would spend some of my bordom illustrating the importance of proper communication(s). I'll present a situation within the good, bad, and ugly form, as well as my response(s) on both sides. (**this is not a actual situation)

First: A buyer(auction winner) contacts a seller 2 days after a auction ends on a ~$100 card, asking for more time to pay than originally intended.

The Good:

Buyer:
-Thank you for taking the time for reading my e-mail. I recently won one of your fantastic auctions, and without making excuses, I just do not have the funds to pay for the card in a timely manor as initally intended. However, I am still very much interested in your card and can assure you that if you give me another week to pay, it will be my first priority! I understand that this may go beyond the 7 day pay grace period, and if you feel the need to relist, I will gladly pay your insertion fees to negate any out of pocket cost(s) you may have to incure due to my mistake. But I just want to assure you once again that I am 100% positive I want/need this card and will pay within the next 7 days. Thank you for your time and consideration, please let me know if this is acceptable(or not) with you and we can go from there!

Seller/Me:
- Thanks for letting me know your intentions. I have no problem holding the card for you as long as it's paid for in the timeframe you outline. I understand as a seller that things come up from time to time, and I have no problem accomidating you in this situation. Please keep me updated.

THE BAD:

Buyer:
- Hey, I cant pay for another week or so.

Seller/Me:
- Unfortunately, I just can not hold the card for that long. I can eithor file a NPB or we can just agree to cancel the transaction. If you decide you can pay within the 7 days, I'll leave it up to you till it runs it's course. If your certin you can not, let me know and we can go from there.

THE UGLY:

Buyer:
- You shilled your bids and I can have you arrested! I'm not paying for another 7 or so days because it's just too much and I'm not sure I want the card now. And if I do not have the card within 3 days after I pay, if I decide to pay, I will ruin you. D-bag...

Seller/Me:
- Go F*** yourself.

So obviously the moral is to be pleasant with your communications. I know this is something we all know, but sometimes after reading thread after thread of e-bay mishaps, I cant help but feel some issues stem from improper communications. Anyway, I was bored so......

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Buyers have all the power at ebay anymore. Its why I have minimized the amount I sell and only buy what I really want rather than using is as an alternative to trade sites.

Members online