Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Collector's, and the Topps Vault "1/1"

Do you add the Topps Vault Blank Backs to your PC?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
They're neat, but I think of them as being aftermarket as they were never put into packs. Blank backs used to occasionally be inserted into packs by Topps a long time ago (I have some from the '70s), thrown into packs to save money, but they were misprints or proof cards.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
If they're cheap, I'll pick them up for Reynolds.

I actually just picked up two Blank Fronts (not from the Topps Vault though) of Reynolds.

Ultimately, if it's got Reynolds, I'll probably get it...

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
I was going to try & go after the Mauer that was listed last week because it was something unique, but a chance to go to Vegas next month for 311 day put an end to my buying & in seller mode.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
If hell no was an option that's the one I would choose. As a collector posted above I also see these as after-market cards. I don't collect show cards, many promos, or any after markets. If companies are going to sell individual cards then they need to see all their cards that way. I would love to be able to get a copy of every release but don't release things that weren't available in packs in addition to what is already out there.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
im going to be getting the aybar just because there really arent many aybar cards out there. Even if this is a gimmicky card, (which i believe it is) i still need it in my collection for 9.99.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
I'll chase the trade conference cards (i.e. DK Hawaii, etc.,) but the Vault 1/1's don't do anything for me. As others have said, the after-market aspect is a big turn off.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
When they appear I try to pick them up. They are protected in a slab and are 1/1's, so as long as they stay close to $9.99 I'm game. I will say that they are rather gimmicky, and are not the most prized cards in my collection. I feel similarly about National and trade conference issues, but to a lesser extent.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
They don't ship to Canada, which is awful.

They do come with a certificate of authenticity, which is cool enough.

By far, the cooler item is the Photo Proofs.

I'm not sure what they look like in person (see. stupidity of not shipping to canada,) but the concept behind buying an 8x10 that was used on a baseball card is neat.

Latest posts