Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Will Shine More in 2009?

Who Will Shine More in 2009?

• Madison Bumgarner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
neither one of them are any secret, so it shouldn't be a problem talking about either guy.
can't call it a hype thread either, because by now everyone knows their names anyway.
so feel free about opinions!
we can't disclose our pick anyway till Sheets comes back in here.

Edit, new rule, you can't say "both". :p

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
I like both actually and I have an interest in both. But Porcello has four potential Plus pitches and Madison Dominates mostly with a fastball. Madison needs to develop his arsenal to maintain his success at a higher level. So with porcello having the four pitches to go to I think he has the upperhand.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Porcello. He'll have his 4 seam and best breaking ball next year, which he didn't even throw this year. He's in for a huge year. Bumgarner isn't quite as advanced as Porcello right now.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Bumgarner is better right now and will probably have a better 2009 season. Porcello has more potential and will be better in the long run. If you're talking about investment, Bumgarner is definitely the way to go right now simply because he will be a quicker flip.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
yeah, I'm not sure what the debate is actually about. Who's going to give you a better ROI by summertime?, or who's flat out the better pitcher? Those 2 questions might have different answers, might not.
Gonna need clarification Sheets.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Kevbo said:
yeah, I'm not sure what the debate is actually about. Who's going to give you a better ROI by summertime?, or who's flat out the better pitcher? Those 2 questions might have different answers, might not.

ROI definitely goes to Bumgarner, lower prices right now for the most part with about the same potential to explode. I think Porcello is and wll be the better overall pitcher, but for investment it's gotta be Bummy.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Kevbo said:

ROI definitely goes to Bumgarner, lower prices right now for the most part with about the same potential to explode. I think Porcello is and wll be the better overall pitcher, but for investment it's gotta be Bummy.

I think bumgarner is better for a quick flip in a few months but if doesn't learn a breaking ball he is in trouble. Money can be made on both but madison should be a quicker flip in spring training.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I went with Porcello due to the word "shine." I think it's easier for a player like Porcello to "shine" more in an organization with less talent than the top tier of prospects in the Giants organization.

IE: It's a lot easier to find a diamond in dirt than to find it in a pile a quartz.

Latest posts