Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A nice early b-day gift with a GIANT F.U. to Panini

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
so my brother picked this up for me for my birthday. Pettigrew 1/1 sheild auto.
DSC00578.jpg

So after the inital coolness I notice the stars on the sheild are not right.
but the card says authentic game worn on it
DSC00580.jpg

So I read the back and what does it say
DSC00579.jpg

Thats right worn at the rookie premiere on 5/16 :benson: :benson: :evil:
Umm what the Fudge is this crap. I know what he spent on the card and This is just the biggest FU to us collectors.
Screw these clowns what can be done about it when it straight out says game worn on the stinking front of the card, when in fact it is not even game worn at all..
FU Panini right in you stinking ass.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, we were talking about this when they 1st came out, all of the jersey rc's are like that, not just the shields. Definitely a big screw up by Panini.

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
mstng99tim said:
Yeah, we were talking about this when they 1st came out, all of the jersey rc's are like that, not just the shields. Definitely a big screw up by Panini.

I missed the early stuff, I was sleeping the whole time. Man this is just an inexcusable screw up by them.

Willywanker

Feb 18, 2009
Outside of Motown
yeah guys it is a sweet card.
I just dont know how they keep getting away with misrepresenting this stuff. Getting so freaking old. Cause I can tell you had my brother shown me the card prior to buying it I would have told him stright out not to. He got out of collecting at the end of 2002 so he had no clue about these sort of cards.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Willywanker said:
mstng99tim said:

I missed the early stuff, I was sleeping the whole time. Man this is just an inexcusable screw up by them.

Donruss did this in 06 as well with the rookie letterman's. They said game worn on front and event worn on back as well
I noticed this early this year as well with the Nicks I got.
That should not have affected the price though for the 1/1 shield.

The industry QC as a whole has gone down. I am almost done with new stuff and just getting items 06 on back

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
This is a gigantic problem on so many levels. It's tough enough trying to counter the fake patches on the market. Now people in the know can pick up event worn shield cards and hide the truth by showing the scan of "game worn" on the front.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
^^ Guess so if you are new to the hobby/football cards or misinformed. Rookie shields have not been game worn since 2006 treasures(just a couple were) and have carried no additional premium

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Definitely a kick in the nuts, but it's still a beautiful card. Maybe he work it during a game of checkers or something behind the scenes at the Premiere..

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Great looking card, sucks Panini effed it up. Have they released an 'oops' statement or anything? Doubtful I guess, just a... MIDDLE.gif

Members online

Latest posts