Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will I hit 1,900 in 2010?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
I just hit 1,885 different Vizquel cards from Beckett's checklist.

Omar's not in much these days, so do you think there'll be enough product in 2010 with Omar in it to give me a shot this year at 1,900?

And 2,000 sounds really good but that's a LOOOOOOONG way off and seems pretty unlikely. :(

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Mozzie22 said:
I've been waiting to see that Omar website, how is it coming?

Ha, thanks for asking! I'm reluctant to release a mediocre first attempt, but I think I have to. Scanning every card (front and back) is INSANELY TIME CONSUMING. In addition, I've got tons of other stuff like magazines, tickets, newspapers, etc I'm including. Basically it's broken out by category, then you click on thumbnails to slide open a window displaying the item in better detail.

To give you some idea of the work, I've got about 2,400 different cards worth scanning and I'm including the backs. There are of course some duplicates of card backs which helps. Photoshop also helps by cropping and separating multiple cards in the same scan. I have to arrange front and back together, sometimes touch up, and finally save multiple versions of each- the original JPG, a photoshop PSD file, and a thumbnail. You can do the math, and that's just the cards.

I seriously underestimated the amount of time and effort so I'll be forced to release the site in several phases.

A few examples since you asked!

UnknownVenezuelanUnlicensed.jpg

Wants-Page--JPG-TEST.jpg

1999FleerStarting9412.jpg

1996December-Meridianocopy.jpg

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
Holy crap....Why hasnt that starting 9 been posted in the 90's insert thread :shock:

I rarely go there but I should check it out. But go ahead, pick any Vizquel 90's insert you'd like to see. Well, other than the FPP, Online Winners, and 1/1's.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
VizquelCollector said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
Holy crap....Why hasnt that starting 9 been posted in the 90's insert thread :shock:

I rarely go there but I should check it out. But go ahead, pick any Vizquel 90's insert you'd like to see. Well, other than the FPP, Online Winners, and 1/1's.[/quote

crusades,essential credentials,super rave,thunder rave,legacy collection?

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
VizquelCollector said:
I rarely go there but I should check it out. But go ahead, pick any Vizquel 90's insert you'd like to see. Well, other than the FPP, Online Winners, and 1/1's.

crusades,essential credentials,super rave,thunder rave,legacy collection?

How about the Super Raves? Other than the Thunder Raves, Omar's not in any of those others pre-2000.

1999SkyboxThunderSuperRave49copy.jpg

1998CircaThunderSuperRave205.jpg

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Nice Starting 9!! Add my name to the list of people who can't wait to see the website. If your site were a movie, I'd be one of those people camped outside for the midnight showing. :D When your site goes public you'll have people contacting you with cards you need. That will help put you over the 1900 mark.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
nevermore said:
...Add my name to the list of people who can't wait to see the website. If your site were a movie, I'd be one of those people camped outside for the midnight showing...

Wow that's very kind, thank you. It's been a passion for a very long time and I'm excited to share it!

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Well, VizquelCollector ... I haven't a thing to say.
You have a great collection...all of it. Great collection.
(Trying to smile.)
I guess we just can't expect to win ‘em all.
(Pausing)
I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years --
You ever knew George Gipp.
It was long before your time.
But you know what a tradition he is with collecting...
(faraway look in his eyes)
And the last thing he said to me -- "Gwynn5453l4u," he said -
"sometime, when the team is up against it -- and the
breaks are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there
with all they got and get that website up for the Gipper...
(eyes become misty, voice is unsteady)
I don't know where I'll be then, Gwynn5453l4u", he said - "but
I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."

(hushed stillness, as Gwynn5453l4u says, "Alright" softly and is wheeled out of the room)

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
You have a fantastic scanner. How do you keep the glass so clean? It seems that no matter how much I Windex mine, something is on it again before I get the cards on it.

And you have nine months to get fifteen cards. You can do it.

VizquelCollector.com

Jul 31, 2009
Therion said:
You have a fantastic scanner. How do you keep the glass so clean? It seems that no matter how much I Windex mine, something is on it again before I get the cards on it.

And you have nine months to get fifteen cards. You can do it.

Thanks man! I've never used Windex, I'm too afraid there'll be something left on the glass which may react with the surface of cards over time. Yes, I'm crazy paranoid? I just rub it well with a microfiber cloth and it seems to be pretty clean. And for what it's worth I scan at 300+ dpi. Occasionally I have to rescan cards with mirror or reflective surfaces which won't scan well. Sometimes I have to drop the resolution down, and other times I have to dial it up to fix it.

I'm confident I'll get to 1,900 eventually this year, but I'm hoping for 15 cards from new products, in addition to whatever I get from previous years. It's entirely possible Omar won't be included in much else this year! :(

Members online

Latest posts