Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MASN:Nationals up offer for Teixeira

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Maybe for once Scot Boras wasnt lying about having a higher offer from another team. MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network), the official station of the Washington Nationals reports that the team has upped their offer to Mark Teixeira in the range of 8 years, between $178-$184 million. They also say that the team would be willing to offer him 9 or 10 years.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Good. Hopefully Teixeira can follow the exact same route that ARod did, sign with a garbage team for more money and then claim, "It wasn't about the money, it was about winning." And then he'll pray that in 5 years the Nationals can work up a trade to get him to a winner.

I hope he goes for the money, because at this point I'd be let down by all of these silly Boras/Teixeira charades. Better yet, let's hope a Japanese team comes in with a huge offer, and he finishes in Japan.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Good. Hopefully Teixeira can follow the exact same route that ARod did, sign with a garbage team for more money and then claim, "It wasn't about the money, it was about winning." And then he'll pray that in 5 years the Nationals can work up a trade to get him to a winner.

I hope he goes for the money, because at this point I'd be let down by all of these silly Boras/Teixeira charades. Better yet, let's hope a Japanese team comes in with a huge offer, and he finishes in Japan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
teixeira is a good dude. boras is leading him the wrong way. where ever he goes will be quite alot of money. i wish atlanta could pick him back up. i worked with his cousin up till about 6 months ago. met mark a few times. he is not like arod and trying to get paid for the world. but he is good enough to make alot. maybe not 20 million a season good, but good regardless

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
teixeira is a good dude. boras is leading him the wrong way. where ever he goes will be quite alot of money. i wish atlanta could pick him back up. i worked with his cousin up till about 6 months ago. met mark a few times. he is not like arod and trying to get paid for the world. but he is good enough to make alot. maybe not 20 million a season good, but good regardless

IF the reported offers he has are true I would have to disagree. If he claims he wants to be a winner, how does he not take $180 from the Red Sox over $184 from the Nationals?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
abncollectsautos said:
Keep in mind that every report lists Teixeira as the most loyal subject of Boras, or second only to ARod...so it isn't Boras...it's Teixeira. Teixeira has not only bought into the Boras ethic, he is the one who apparently told Boston that they weren't the highest bidder.

So when it comes to this situation, the line is completely blurred between Boras and Teixeira.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
MallCopKJ said:
abncollectsautos said:

IF the reported offers he has are true I would have to disagree. If he claims he wants to be a winner, how does he not take $180 from the Red Sox over $184 from the Nationals?

good question, im not trying to stick up for him. if he was genuine he would pick where he wants to play rather than earn money. i assume baltimore or the nats cause he is from near there. but alot of the winners are offering the most. the nats just today uped their offer. i dont think anyone knows where he will land, and regardless of where that is and the deal he gets, people will treat him like he is money hungry. he is in a no win situation

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
200lbhockeyplayer said:
abncollectsautos said:
Keep in mind that every report lists Teixeira as the most loyal subject of Boras, or second only to ARod...so it isn't Boras...it's Teixeira. Teixeira has not only bought into the Boras ethic, he is the one who apparently told Boston that they weren't the highest bidder.

So when it comes to this situation, the line is completely blurred between Boras and Teixeira.

There's a story out there (I can't find a link right now) that when Teixeira was meeting with potential agents, one guy who was local to Baltimore and represented many Orioles was his first choice, but he was late to the meeting, so Teixeira canned it right there. Boras came in next, and they hit it off because they're both so business-first. So, in many cases you can attribute things like this to Boras, but I think this one might be a united front.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
bungle77 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
abncollectsautos said:

There's a story out there (I can't find a link right now) that when Teixeira was meeting with potential agents, one guy who was local to Baltimore and represented many Orioles was his first choice, but he was late to the meeting, so Teixeira canned it right there. Boras came in next, and they hit it off because they're both so business-first. So, in many cases you can attribute things like this to Boras, but I think this one might be a united front.

i completely agree.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
Boras and Teixeira are going with the usual Boras strategy of just going to the team that offers the most money. The problem is that team is currently the Nationals and I don't think Tex really wants to play for them because he is not sure that they are going to be good now or in the future. So they are sitting around waiting to see if the Red Sox or Yanks are going to up their offer but I don't think either teams are or in the Yankees case maybe even make an offer. That leaves them with of choice of keeping with the Boras belief of just taking the most money no matter who offers it or breaking from that and take less to play with a contender.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
As a Red Sox fan, I stilll cant help but see a Tex to the Red Sox signing going hand in hand with a Varitek signing with the team as well. I think it greatly benefits Boras to "cut the Sox a break" and then have them sign Varitek also, which is greatly overrated because he is in this game to help him and his client. But, Boras already had the Sox bidding against themselves last time Varitek was up for a contract. This time around, the market for a catcher (especially of Variteks status) is greatly down and the Sox have a lot more options. He simply cant squeeze top dollar out of a team for Varitek this time and I think if he gets Tex to sign with the Red Sox they will then "help him out" by signing Varitek.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
walter55 said:
Boras and Teixeira are going with the usual Boras strategy of just going to the team that offers the most money. The problem is that team is currently the Nationals and I don't think Tex really wants to play for them because he is not sure that they are going to be good now or in the future. So they are sitting around waiting to see if the Red Sox or Yanks are going to up their offer but I don't think either teams are or in the Yankees case maybe even make an offer. That leaves them with of choice of keeping with the Boras belief of just taking the most money no matter who offers it or breaking from that and take less to play with a contender.

im going to have to agree completely. best put so far

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
walter55 said:

if he was willing to play for the orioles

why not the nationals?

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
walter55 said:

if he was willing to play for the orioles

why not the nationals?

I am not so sure he really wants to play for them either but if the Os offer stays the same as being reported 7 years @ 140 total he is not going to take that any way.

Members online

Latest posts