Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Million Card Giveaway: Anyone Trading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Just wondering if anyone is trading these things or just holding on to what they have?

I've been offering my 1972 Ed Sprague (Reds) for any similar era Astros player I can find and nobody biting yet. Not much trading going on there?

Note: I realize the problem may be that it's Ed Sprague, but I'm not trying to trade for Willie Mays :lol:

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I redeemed this one last night

1975-BB-TS1-73-NA_F_285x412.jpg

But I want two similar cards in return :D

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
The problem (well, at least in my case) is that you don't get an email when a trade request comes in. So, the only way to find out is if I log in and view the trade requests...

Do you guys get emails of trade requests or is this just my problem?

The Third Eye

Aug 26, 2008
The Fox Valley
I tried to get a 1963 Bob Uecker but was denied. What I found odd was when I was reviewing my offer it said that my offer was valued higher. So Topps has put predetermined values on all these cards too? Anyone else notice that?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Greg Cleveland said:
I've unlocked only one Astro--'67 Jim Owens. What have you got for that? :lol:

:lol: The floodgates open! I have nothing else right now, though when the mail gets here I should have two more codes. So I'll probably have a 1993 Gary Carter to offer you.

Aug 13, 2008
I was able to trade a 68 common for a 73 common that I don't have. Other than that, I'm not getting much bit on them. I don't think a lot of people are looking to trade. Unfortunately, the system isn't designed for want lists. And seeing other potential trader's cards.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Yeah, that's what I figured. I was hoping to build an ePortfolio of Astros but I don't know that I want to put so much effort if nobody is really trading their crap commons for my crap commons :D

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
is there any chance someone could sum this up for me in a few sentences?
i have 11 unredeemed, so if i redeem them i know immediately who i get?
and then i can trade??

help please, :(

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
boomo said:
is there any chance someone could sum this up for me in a few sentences?
i have 11 unredeemed, so if i redeem them i know immediately who i get?
and then i can trade??

help please, :(

Uh, yes. How else would it work?

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Heck, I found two Gary Gaetti commons (1994 & 1997) I need for the PC, and offered a couple of things in trade. We'll see if it works. I will have them sent to me if it comes through, because I need 'em! (dang, a 2006 Chris Carpenter is surely worth more! The guy won a Cy Young!)

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Anyone know the possible reasoning behind not allowing us to find individual traders? I cant think of one :lol:

Members online