Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential paypal claim on me coming. Questions/help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
So I get an email from a guy who I think is in Canada saying that he hasn't gotten 3 cards he won almost a month ago. I emailed him back right away saying that they where mailed out right away and it should of not taken that much time, etc, etc.

I then looked at one of the auctions and even though it says he's in/from Canada in a few spots the paypal transaction shows a Florida address. If I track the order through the link in the auction it shows the cards where delivered on November 26th to that address.

Am I safe if the bidder files a charge back? Funny thing is if he files it will be my first in 10 years on ebay.

Thanks
Josh

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
If he opens a claim you will win

If he does a chargeback you will lose because the credit card company just pays him back and paypal will take the money back from you.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like it was an instant (paypal balance) I think.
It's just strange that some things say Canada but the shipping address was Florida.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Still recovering from 11 hours in the car.

Autismic

Aug 7, 2008
I Love Monsanto
Snowbird is a Canadian who spends their winters in Florida,so he was getting his mail forwarded from Canada to Florida. 2 million Canadians move to Florida for the winter each year. I bet that is why you are seeing 2 addresses.

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
Autismic said:
Snowbird is a Canadian who spends their winters in Florida,so he was getting his mail forwarded from Canada to Florida. 2 million Canadians move to Florida for the winter each year. I bet that is why you are seeing 2 addresses.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he'll figure it out on his end. Still waiting to hear back from him.

tonyrios

Aug 11, 2008
Brooklyn
The thing that sucks is that he can just file a chargeback on his card and get the money back, which he might resort to doing if his claim fails. Best of luck to you, though!

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
tonyrios said:
The thing that sucks is that he can just file a chargeback on his card and get the money back, which he might resort to doing if his claim fails. Best of luck to you, though!

Thanks. What kind of stinks is that this is the first I heard from him about not getting it. I looked again at the transaction and tomorrow will be the magical 30th day since payment.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
If you sent it to his confirmed Paypal address you are safe. If you sent it elsewhere or to an unconfirmed address you are going to get screwed, of that i can promise you.

I make Canadian buyers send me a MO, no Paypal for them as all the thieves I've encountered were from Canada (no offense to the honest Canadian brothers of course)

Good Luck

Members online

Latest posts