Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phillies fans thoughts on Joe Savery...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
I was just wondering if anyone knew much about him. I work with his sister and I'm curious what kind of person/player he is.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
trevordchi said:
I was just wondering if anyone knew much about him. I work with his sister and I'm curious what kind of person/player he is.

Don't know about the person, but he's not amounting to be much of a player. Fallen off the radar as a prospect, and it doesn't look like that's going to change.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Don't get the sister pregnant, at this rate he is going to move in with the two of you.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
Thanks for the insight guys. I was surprised that he was going on vacations with his family all winter and taking classes at Rice instead of playing winter ball. Made me wonder about his motivation.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
phillyfan0417 said:
Jeff N. said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Joe Savery will be a servicable major league pitcher, either a #5 or a long reliever.

But I agree, could be time to go back to first base.

LMK if you'd like to bet on this.

No reason to bet, its my opinion. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again.

He'll be lucky if he has the career of Brandon Duckworth who, incidentally, is back in Phillies camp.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
[quote="Jeff N.":kbmca4nr]
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I still think Savery will put it together one way or the other, but I'm completely pot committed on the guy, so I'm naturally going to think that way.

I thought you were straightedge....

And I thought you'd understand a poker reference...

And I thought you'd catch sarcasm...[/quote:kbmca4nr]

You forgot the marks. ~ ~

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Jaypers said:
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
[quote="Jeff N.":1ek0rrn6]
BowmanChromeAddict said:
I still think Savery will put it together one way or the other, but I'm completely pot committed on the guy, so I'm naturally going to think that way.

I thought you were straightedge....

And I thought you'd understand a poker reference...

And I thought you'd catch sarcasm...

You forgot the marks. ~ ~[/quote:1ek0rrn6]

Indeed I did.

Latest posts