Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Mascot Accused of Gruesome Wiener Attack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Sluggerrr the Lion -- the mascot for the Kansas City Royals -- is accused of poking a fan's eye out with a steaming hot wiener during a Major League Baseball game last year ... and now the team is being sued over it.

It's all in a lawsuit filed in Jackson County, Missouri in which John Coomer claims he was just chillin' at a game on September 8, 2009 -- when Slugger "climbed atop the third base dugout and started shooting hotdogs into the stands from an air gun."

Coomer claims Slugger eventually put the air gun down -- and started firing off the wieners by hand ... when, according to the suit, things went horribly wrong.

In the docs, Coomer claims "Slugger lost control of his throw or was reckless with his throw, and threw the hotdog directly into the Plaintiff."

Coomer claims the dog hit him right in his left eye -- leaving him with a detached retina and the development of cataracts.

Coomer is now suing the Royals for more than $25k for negligence and battery -- claiming they "failed to adequately train its agents ... in the proper method in which to throw hotdogs into the stands at Kauffman Stadium."

Remember, when handling wieners -- it's always safety first.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/3/#ixzz0gQqbHa31

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
Re: OT, but funny: Royals fan sues after wiener hits him

id sue too. he got seriously injured by a Royals employee. 25k is probably just barely enough to cover doctor bills for a detached retina.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
no it wasnt as you can see I posted at 10:16 The other one wasnt bumped up there till 10:20

::facepalm::

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Does the article mention the "good gentleman" probably was messed up, got into a bar fight, and messed his eye up? ha ha. This is the crap that happens and takes anything that was considered "fun" by most decent peoples standards, and then destroys it. So no more airguns shooting out t-shirts and hot dogs.. That sucks! what is next, someone poking their eyes out with Bang sticks.. I will admit that if he was hurt by the flying ****, I mean wiener, then he deserves Med pay. However, if it can be found that there were other circumstances, then no $$ for you. (yes I am a former insurance adjuster, and I find fault with a lot stories!).

also, this jogs my memory.. anyone remember...

scan0012.jpg

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I remember years ago our beloved (and yes best mascot) :D Likes to put his nose on people heads and toot his horn thingie. Someone sued him for **** that.
Now I cant see how you can get that hurt by someone throwing a hot dog at you. Unless it was frozen.

Coomer claims the dog hit him right in his left eye -- leaving him with a detached retina and the development of cataracts.
Really? Can a hot dog really do this to someone being thrown by hand?

Just like a lady once tripped and fell in front of my neighbors house. All she got was a bruise on her knee. But she called the cops and was taken to the hospital and then later sued for 25,000 and got it. All because the sidewalk stuck up a 1/2 a inch. They only damage was a bruise and that's all. I would of got up looked to see if someone was looking and felt stupid.
I had the opportunity to sue tun's of times. But humans make mistakes. Now if it is gross negligence then yes sue. But we are only human and we ALL make mistakes.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I've sat near where Slugger throws hot dogs on several occassions, it is totally obvious he is going to throw the dogs...no sneak attacks here.

Honestly, if you were doing something else, looking down, texting whatever and got hit by surprise, its your fault. If you aren't up for that kind of danger, go sit somewhere else because its well known that you'll put yourself in the way of flying processed pig parts if you are in the 3rd base vicinity.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
He should be judged by a jury of his peers, but I think that might make it worse:

SausageRace.jpg

He might get the death penalty, especially if Randall Simon is the judge!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
bongo870 said:
Really? Can a hot dog really do this to someone being thrown by hand?

Tin Foil?

I was at a NH FisherCats game and they were throwing them in the stands. Too bad the idiot that wrapped them wasn't of the highest intelligence and one person would get the bun, the other would get the meat, and one lucky fan would get free tin foil!

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
So this guy has to walk around and tell people that he took a weiner to the eye?
That is enough humiliation or me to sue!

Members online