Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why was this A-Rod auto returned by BGS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Submitted the 1994 A-Rod to BGS and it was returned with a note that it must be sent to JSA. This card was a buy back by UD and had a UD seal.

scan0001-3.jpg

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
jdacunha said:
cgilmo said:
it also had a separate COA, did you send that with it?

Don't have one the back has a UD hologram seal #UDC33276

Not sure if they were issued with a COA?

They weren't issued with a COA. I pulled one back in 2006 in my Atlanta days. Purchased two cases and hit it.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
jdacunha said:
What's the difference from that card and an Aflac auto?

It was a card that was actually released his rookie year, and the product had a base version of the card.

It's very different from an aflac auto in that sense. You can't pull base aflac cards from the same packs that the aflac autos are in. Plus, the arod was actually issued the year it was produced. The aflac autos weren't made availabe until 2-3 years later after they were made.

It's not a "buyback" so to speak, just an autographed parallel.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
I called UD when I got it...the holo # is valid...never mentioned a COA

None on ebay from COAs
hmmmm, UD always seems to be helpless when a few others call about holo#'s :(

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Have you tried email [email protected]? They are usually very good about responding. I suspect that since there are a lot of fakes for this particular card, it receives the same treatment as the 2001 Fleer Legacy Pujols in that all card have to be sent to JSA first, then BGS.

Members online

Latest posts